I decided to get horny this weekend!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mogur said:
I rejiggered the old horn bracket slightly to allow both to use the same mounting bolt. I used a wire connector and hooked the two horns in parallel from the existing horn wiring.

IBELEAF said:
I tried installing and you can't do it from the top, you have to remove the bottom cover to get inside, but that's the easy part. I wasn't sure how to mount both of them at once, so for now I only have one. Also, where did you connect the extended wiring that came with the set to connect your 2nd horn?

any chance you've got a pic handy? i'm about to try the same thing this weekend...

I have done essentially the same thing to my Civic Hybrid. It came with a similar "Droopy Dog" horn, so I replaced them as well with my horn of choice, the
Hella Supertone

5183Ou-apfL._SS400_.jpg

These babies will make even the most jaded New Yorker jump back on the curb when I sound them off!

They will be going on the Leaf first thing.

I actually think the PIAAs would be better.
But what I really want is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjR5K_Fb6r4&feature=fvwrel
Any good sources available? :)

I put the El Grande in my Leaf. Quite loud, but not obnoxious. Actually I would characterize the sound as quite normal - what I expect a car horn to sound like (*unlike* the stock Leaf horn). Installation was super simple - came with all the HW to mount both. I just had to make a 2:1 spade terminal pigtail (didn't use the relay that came with it). I came in from the top. Didn't have to remove the hoses to the coolant reservoir. Just unscrewed it and layed it up out of the way (after making sure the cap was on tight).

Back