I'm sorry I yelled at Volt dude (was Fresno Earthday Event)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy3

I'm planning to show off my LEAF at the Fresno Earthday event. It's Saturday, 04/30/11. I'll be there from 11am to at least 1:30pm, but the event goes on until 4pm. The address is: 2672 E Alluvial Ave., Clovis, CA 93611.

It sounds like fun --
live music • workshops • demonstrations • tours • films • exhibits
kids’ activities • bike & helmet safety checks • green car show
free e-waste recycling • tasty local food • free bike valet parking

More info on the event is at:
http://www.fresnoearthday.org

(updated title)

I plan on being there Randy. Once we get a few more cars we can have a G2G. We will be installing a few public chargers downtown at one of our projects so maybe we could gather there.

The Fresno Earth Day event people put me and my LEAF next to a Volt and their Intenet salesperson. Honestly, I have nothing against the Volt. I've test driven it and found it comfortable, sporty and fun to drive. I've also apparently learned more about it then the salesperson who stood next to me at the event. He had admitted to me early on that he was assigned to come here and he knew next to nothing about the car.

So, I'm walking around the LEAF telling people my experiences as an owner. Real range stories, actual charging times, etc. The people then went to the Volt next to me and spoke with their salesman. The LIES that came out of the dude! Electric range is over 150 miles before the gas engine kicks in. The gas engine is rated at 47 mpg combined. People were believing this crap!

Okay, so I hear this and I can't take it. I interrupt his speil and tell them all that he's making things up. I yell out that the Volt gets 35 miles on electric and 37 mpg. Volt-dude gets pissed and leaves the area.

He comes back later. I apologize to him for yelling. He tells me that I was out of place to behave that way. We go to our "best behavior" mode for the rest of the event. I still hear him tell wild stories, but he starts each one off with, "don't hold me to this," like it's okay to either lie or not know the facts of what you're selling.

I've learned that I like showing off my LEAF, but I need to stay away from car salespeople!

Randy3 said:
The LIES that came out of the dude! Electric range is over 150 miles before the gas engine kicks in. The gas engine is rated at 47 mpg combined. People were believing this crap!
Oops. Surely, GM can do better than that !

But pathetic salesman - can't he atleast just look at the published EPA numbers ?

Ok, so yelling wasn't the best idea. But I know I wouldn't just sit there and do nothing while the guy spreads lies. Kudos for doing something.

Any salesperson who is in it for the long haul knows to be truthful. If he goes making up outrageous claims then eventually he's going to have a bunch of angry, disappointed customers who will be telling all their friends who *not* to buy from. Not to mention, of course, the harm it does to the cause.

Back