iPhone App for LEAF released

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsbca

Well, this may be my first and last scoop - I was just downloading some new podcasts and on a whim searched the iTunes store for "nissan leaf"....much to my surprise, the App popped up, with a release date of 12/10/2010. I just downloaded it and installed it.

Here's a screen shot from the iTunes store:

fkd17m.jpg

Wade

Blue Ocean ETEC
Ordered 8/31 - Delivery January 2011
3KW AC Sunpower Solar System

WWBD said:
It's already gone.

Interesting. Maybe they are just trickling it out one copy at a time, like the cars, and I got the first and only available download :)

It's running on my phone, but it's not clear there is anything for me to log into yet (I did activate Carwings earlier today)

I wonder if they pulled it for a reason and the next time it's available it will be a new version, or somebody just screwed up by making it visible too soon and then corrected the mistake.

The "forgot username/password" button sends me to www.nissanusa.com/owners - I'll go have a look there.

I got it via iTunes/AppStore from my computer but it doesn't show up when I search with my iPhone AppStore.

sparky said:
I got it via iTunes/AppStore from my computer but it doesn't show up when I search with my iPhone AppStore.

I quit iTunes and restarted and re-searched and WWBD is right, it's gone. Couldn't have been there long - hopefully it will reappear tomorrow (GMT? EST?) - I have to believe that it absolutely will be there for the 12/11 first delivery.

I am able to log in on www.nissanusa.com/owners, using my LEAF dashboard credentials (which were re-asserted to that site when I activated Carwings), but the credentials don't actually get me anywhere yet in the iPhone app.

The Demo mode is pretty cool.

I just got it installed on my iPhone. :twisted:

Search for "Nissan North America" on the App Store.

seems to be working ... things are not instant though, it takes a few minutes for the car the pick-up your requests.
and you can't set the temperature or anything, it's a simple on/off thing. I guess that's ok once you've set the temperature that you want in your car.

It's not showing up in the iPhone App (Search), but the link worked just fine, even when mailed to the iPhone. Go figure.

The Climate Control is interesting. You can turn it on or off, and set a timer.

You can't actually pick A/C or Heat, or change the temperature setpoint. I guess it just uses the temp that was last used in the car. The timer selects a date & time -- it's not clear if this is the time that climate control starts, or the target time for it to reach temperature.

The updates on the car status seem to be over something like SMS -- "are you sure you want to request an update?" (Why wouldn't you?)

I found it and loaded it on my phone, plugged in the credentials and I think its communicating with my car! Wherever it might be? Wild! My iphone 4 is talking to my new car, its very integrated. I love that.

Timaz said:
I found it and loaded it on my phone, plugged in the credentials and I think its communicating with my car! Wherever it might be? Wild! My iphone 4 is talking to my new car, its very integrated. I love that.
Too bad there's no way to get coordinates, eh?

Is there an application "converter" to change an iPhone app into an Android app?

Is there an "iPhone Simulator" app to run on Android that allows iPhone apps to run (perhaps slowly) on Android?

Back