iPhone LEAF battery status app looking for beta testers[Full

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reference May 2nd posting "Sorry for delay in responding. I've submitted it to the app store, in review. I'll post more info about the current app in another thread."

A few followup questions:
1. which thread will have the more info about the current app?
2. what is the app name we should search for when it comes available?

Thanks!

hhgblueleaf said:
Reference May 2nd posting "Sorry for delay in responding. I've submitted it to the app store, in review. I'll post more info about the current app in another thread."

A few followup questions:
1. which thread will have the more info about the current app?
2. what is the app name we should search for when it comes available?

Thanks!

What he said!

The app has been approved by Apple and should appear on the App Store within the next 24 hours.

The following website describes the app, what it displays and how to use it. http://broadreachsoftware.com/LEAFStat

The app is intended as a simplified app displaying only the most essential information. It does not display all the information displayed by Leaf Spy. As I gauge interest, more information will be added, although I'd like to maintain a focus on a streamlined interface.

I'll post a new thread when it goes live on the app store for discussion of the app.

On your website you mention the loss of cellular data access whilst connected to the WiFi OBD-II adapter.

I have a BlackVue DVR camera in my Leaf and that has WiFi access to allow remote viewing of the camera and access to video files. They advised me to make some changes to the WiFi connection settings to allow cellular data access whilst connected to the camera's WiFi.
Access Wi-Fi Settings, tap the blue arrow next to the BlackVue WiFi connection and enter these settings:

IP Address - Static
IP Address: 192.168.8.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Perhaps a variant of this would work with the Wifi connection here?

DarrenG said:
On your website you mention the loss of cellular data access whilst connected to the WiFi OBD-II adapter.

I have a BlackVue DVR camera in my Leaf and that has WiFi access to allow remote viewing of the camera and access to video files. They advised me to make some changes to the WiFi connection settings to allow cellular data access whilst connected to the camera's WiFi.
Access Wi-Fi Settings, tap the blue arrow next to the BlackVue WiFi connection and enter these settings:

IP Address - Static
IP Address: 192.168.8.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Perhaps a variant of this would work with the Wifi connection here?
Thats it! Thanks!
The issue is that by default, DHCP sets up the WiFi adapter as the router. When manually configuring it, no router is selected and the iPhone/iPad will use the cellular network for other data.

In the case of the OBDII adapter, use a static IP address, use an address such as 192.168.0.123, use a subnet mark of 255.255.255.0, do not put anything in the router field.

garygid said:
What I-devices (and what I-phones) will this app work on?

Is there an inexpensive wifi I-device to use?

Take a look at the website the author posted before, here it is again:

http://www.broadreachsoftware.com/products/leafStat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are two adapters listed, priced at around $25 (tall) and $52 (small) that has been tested. Not sure what OS version/device until it hits app store.

does it need the cable to easily use the switch? ie without crawling under the dash each time?

is there any issue with interfering with the blue tooth interface with iphone radio, music, streaming?

thankyouOB said:
does it need the cable to easily use the switch? ie without crawling under the dash each time?

is there any issue with interfering with the blue tooth interface with iphone radio, music, streaming?
The smaller version is pretty easy to turn on and off and it's small enough to not interfere with your legs while driving. There shouldn't be any interference between Bluetooth and wifi.

Yes, the site lists some ELM type wifi devices.

I was inquiring about which "iPhone" (or iPad) type devices are supported.
The site just uses the word "iPhone" over the picture.

Thanks, Gary

garygid said:
Yes, the site lists some ELM type wifi devices.

I was inquiring about which "iPhone" (or iPad) type devices are supported.
The site just uses the word "iPhone" over the picture.

Thanks, Gary
Any iOS device running iOS 7 is compatible. Includes iPhone 5s, 5, 4s, 4, iPad 2, 3, 4, Air, iPod touch etc.

saywatt said:
Must be 24 business hours.
mkjayakumar said:
Still not in App Store yet. I searched for LEAFstat and Leaf Stat. No luck.
The ways of Apple can be mysterious...
Its through review, which is the hard part. Now its stuck in a part of the process that should only take 10 minutes. They're looking into it and it will hopefully get resolved Monday.

dm33 said:
saywatt said:
Must be 24 business hours.
mkjayakumar said:
Still not in App Store yet. I searched for LEAFstat and Leaf Stat. No luck.
The ways of Apple can be mysterious...
Its through review, which is the hard part. Now its stuck in a part of the process that should only take 10 minutes. They're looking into it and it will hopefully get resolved Monday.

All I have to say is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Isjgc0oX0s

:D

The LEAFStat app is now on the Appstore.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leaf-stat/id867767018?ls=1&mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dm33 said:
The LEAFStat app is now on the Appstore.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leaf-stat/id867767018?ls=1&mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grabbed, tried, worked like a charm, awesome! Many thanks.

Back