Irvine Metrolink chargers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

Always on the look for charge stations ... Anybody know what these are?

metrolinkcharger.jpg

I found these at the Irvine train station, next to all the paddle chargers. I wonder if I could make up an adapter.
;)
Their handle is shaped like the J1772 but obviously the pin style and configuration is different. Then again, they look so old . . . I wonder if they even still work. Sorry for the fuzzy camera shot ... the auto focus was busy focusing on the asphalt.

The box says intelligent charging station (and ICS 200)

hill said:
Always on the look for charge stations ... Anybody know what these are?

metrolinkcharger.jpg

I found these at the Irvine train station, next to all the paddle chargers. I wonder if I could make up an adapter.
;)
Their handle is shaped like the J1772 but obviously the pin style and configuration is different. Then again, they look so old . . . I wonder if they even still work. Sorry for the fuzzy camera shot ... the auto focus was busy focusing on the asphalt.

The box says intelligent charging station (and ICS 200)

YAZC Yazaki Plug and Receptacle
http://celticsolar.blogspot.com/2009/09/electric-vehicle-connectors.html

Thanks!
Did a bit o reading ... am i right - that these are used by Tesla?

EDIT:
According to evnut.com's darell, it seems the yazaki's have been out of vogue for about 15 years. The plastic is obviously photochemically reactive because it looks like these chargers have been breaking down for that long. Kind of a sickening irony . . . that these chargers could sit around dorment, when J1772's could easily go in there.

hill said:
Thanks!
Kind of a sickening irony . . . that these chargers could sit around dorment, when J1772's could easily go in there.

Might want to call the city and ask if they plan on replacing them. I'm sure they're on someone's list.
http://www.cityofirvine.org/cityhall/pw/irvine_station.asp

Back