Is the evse upgrade ul approved ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
davidh said:
QueenBee said:
Certainly happens, but what I'm curious about is how it goes from that to a house fire. I guess it would help if I had a better understanding of the temperatures required to catch household items like carpet, rugs, drapes, fabrics, drywall, wood, etc. on fire.

Fahrenheit 451.

No silly, that's just for paper ;)

Hey mob...
Just a fyi for those of you with 2013 leafs. My pdm is broken and my dealer asked me to bring my lv1 in while at home to confirm it would work on my pdm .. If my lv1 was modded i think i would have had problems. I had no reason to start this post other than wondering if it was ul...and hope all of you great people that replied negatively into thinking im a troll f off. Your protecting a product that ive had two lawyers that i hired to sue some bad doctors tell me that it is a great case for liability reasons. Now that is said i don't care if its safe and or effective at saving a few bucks. Im way past that now.. I think im going to modify my ipad to charge on my dryer outlet too. Just like the European spec...

Go get your product properly certified for sales to the public or maybe you would not have people like me wondering if it is at least made to code after its mod was performed by a unknown source.

Life is to short to fight or bs like this.

Do you really think that the dealer or Nissan care if your L1 EVSE is UL approved? REALLY!?

bigt said:
My pdm is broken and my dealer asked me to bring my lv1 in while at home to confirm it would work on my pdm .. If my lv1 was modded i think i would have had problems. I had no reason to start this post other than wondering if it was ul.

TomT said:
Do you really think that the dealer or Nissan care if your L1 EVSE is UL approved? REALLY!?

bigt said:
My pdm is broken and my dealer asked me to bring my lv1 in while at home to confirm it would work on my pdm .. If my lv1 was modded i think i would have had problems. I had no reason to start this post other than wondering if it was ul.

TomT, as I understand the issue some 2013s is they are throwing error codes with level 2 charging but some seem to be OK with level 1 charging.

This thread like some others has once again gotten out of control. In the future these threads will be locked sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back