Is there a way to display song info from a Samsung Galaxy S3

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UBUYGAS

Hello All,

I have a Samsung that is a backup phone that I don't really use. It is connected and has a data plan. I've been using it with RDIO and using Bluetooth to spool the songs to my Stock LEAF Head Unit and the songs play but nothing is displayed on the car stereo screen.

Direct USB connection does not work at all.

With an iPhone all song info is displayed fine.

Do I need to load an App? Or is it a lost cause?

TIA,

Sal

The S3 is capable of displaying the song info, but only on certain apps. If I play music through the stock Samsung Music Player app the song titles appear properly on the LEAF's head unit, but if I use Spotify they don't (and in fact display the last song played in the stock music player).

Thanks. So I guess the android rdio app needs to be updated? It might be easier to just use an iphone.

Devin said:
The S3 is capable of displaying the song info, but only on certain apps. If I play music through the stock Samsung Music Player app the song titles appear properly on the LEAF's head unit, but if I use Spotify they don't (and in fact display the last song played in the stock music player).

Lasareath said:
Thanks. So I guess the android rdio app needs to be updated? It might be easier to just use an iphone.

That's my understanding. Not sure what's taking the third party app makers like Spotify and Rdio so long to get their act together. At least the next/previous track toggle works properly via Bluetooth.

For spotify there is a modified app on XDA that works with my S4 and Leaf

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=44108915&postcount=177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pandora finally added that a month or so ago. Unfortunately, it tends to stop working if the phone goes to sleep...songs play but the track info doesn't change. The funny thing is that when an ad comes on, it will change the display to "advertisement" even if it has failed to update for song changes for a while.

My Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 and using Google Play Music displays the songs.
I can use the console's tuner buttons to skip & repeat songs as well.

You have to update to Android 4.3. Google finally updated the bluetooth spec to transmit song data. I don't think it is app specific.

The ability to check for updates is in your phone settings.

loomis2 said:
You have to update to Android 4.3. Google finally updated the bluetooth spec to transmit song data. I don't think it is app specific.

The Google and default music apps were working for a long time before the Pandora app started worked, so I think it is also app specific.

Well I'll check the OS and see if it needs updating. I only use this phone for spooling so it sits in the car all the time. So never really check for updates. Thanks.

davewill said:
The Google and default music apps were working for a long time before the Pandora app started worked, so I think it is also app specific.[/quote]

It all started working for me at the same time right when I updated.

Back