Is this "real life" range normal in your opinion?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Durandal.

I installed LeafSpy in my phone, however the ELM327 device I have it says is not compatible with the app.
Where can I buy a suitable one online? (I leave in Canada), or what kind of "model" should I look for?

However, I don't think it's a problem of discrepancy between "real charge" and "showed charge", because if I keep driving it comes to a point the battery almost gets totally dead, and it doesn't change the drop rate!

It keeps dropping at the same pace, until the battery is drained.

I would not waste any more time with this. You do seem to have a badly degraded or bad battery. I'd get it to the dealership as quickly as you can to get the 30 days thing you were talking about applied in this case and look for another used leaf.

Thank you Leftiebiker,

however I don't think it's a problem of discrepancy between "real charge" and "showed charge", because if I keep driving it comes to a point the battery almost gets totally dead, and it doesn't change the drop rate!

It keeps dropping at the same pace, until the battery is drained.

AriesMu said:

I installed LeafSpy in my phone, however the ELM327 device I have it says is not compatible with the app.
Where can I buy a suitable one online? (I leave in Canada), or what kind of "model" should I look for?

The ELM327 device needs to be a version 1.5 instead of the newer version 2.1 which many vendors are now selling. The ELM327 works very well with Android devices. If you use an iPhone, there are different devices that work. There are a few threads on the forum that explain which seem to work better.

@AriesMu you say you drive at 4am and probably the weather is very cold were you live at that hour. the heating is the cause of that drop. do this experimente... turn off heating and see you will get much more range.

sparrow79 said:
@AriesMu you say you drive at 4am and probably the weather is very cold were you live at that hour. the heating is the cause of that drop. do this experimente... turn off heating and see you will get much more range.
He has a '12 in which you cannot turn off the heat, well unless you turn the climate control off all together, it's the reason many of us have installed Thor's heater switch which allows climate control use without also bringing on the heater.

Yes and if the OP hasn't already tried it I'd say thats an excellent suggestion to try, a heater running in the background could easily reduce range to what they are seeing.

Hi, thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

No heating, I'm just wearing a coat, everything is off.

Back