Issues playing audio via USB

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maclean525

Hello!

I just picked up a 2014 Nissan Leaf S and am having some issues with the audio system and was hoping for some guidance. My main issue is when I hook up my Galaxy S4 phone via USB the audio display shows "Check Device" and no matter what I try it will not get past this error message. I have the same behavior with my wife's HTC One (both running latest Android build). I've tried multiple USB cables. I have tried playing from the stock music player as well as other third party apps and Pandora etc. These same two phones play music via USB no problem in my Ford Flex.

Bluetooth calling works fine (other than voice rec being hopeless)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

THANKS!

I have a 2011 which may or may not be the same, but I do not have a smart phone. I play my music through the USB port on a regular flash drive. You could always just copy your music to one of those, unless it's protected against copying in some way. Just be sure that you don't have more than 255 songs per folder, but you can have multiple folders.

Have you checked to see if your phone is compatible? Check this website http://www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth/...&year=2014&equip=3&manufacturer=12_0&x=51&y=9 You will need to make sure you check the version of the Galaxy S4 you are using - each carrier has a different version. Even then there could be OS updates that could change things. I am fortunate that my Galaxy S2 T-989 running Android 4.1.2 seems to run everything without any issues.

Back