Just became a Leaf + Volt family

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DANandNAN said:
We have one that I'd recommend. Stingray Chevrolet in Tampa is offering $2,500 under invoice (there's more than 20 forum members confirming they've bought from them). Not $2,500 off of sticker, but off of invoice. They also can complete the sale via FedEx then have the car shipped to you for $500-1000.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?13859-2500.-Back-of-Factory-Invoice-on-any-Volt-at-Stingray-Chevrolet!&highlight=Stingray+Chevrolet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully the sale will continue but GM had a special incentive program going on in June on many vehicles.. perhaps it did not apply to the Volt.

Herm said:
DANandNAN said:
We have one that I'd recommend. Stingray Chevrolet in Tampa is offering $2,500 under invoice (there's more than 20 forum members confirming they've bought from them). Not $2,500 off of sticker, but off of invoice. They also can complete the sale via FedEx then have the car shipped to you for $500-1000.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?13859-2500.-Back-of-Factory-Invoice-on-any-Volt-at-Stingray-Chevrolet!&highlight=Stingray+Chevrolet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully the sale will continue but GM had a special incentive program going on in June on many vehicles.. perhaps it did not apply to the Volt.

The deal was a $2500 incentive per Volt to dealers that sold over some amount (my dealer said it was double their normal quota and that no dealer in the Dallas area was close, which I am inclined to believe). So Stingray managed to qualify and is raking in sales by promoting their ability to get that incentive and pass it on. Kind of helps ensure that other dealers will have a harder time getting the deal, but that's the business I guess. There is very little to like about car pricing/negotiation.

Yup, I bought my Volt from Stingray in FL and had it shipped to Phoenix, AZ. It was a great price + 0% financing.

Local dealers couldn't come close.

OK, funny Leaf + Volt owner story.

Got a text message from the wife... "Call me! Need help Quick Charging!"

She was a little over 6 miles from home an an eVgo DC QC station, GOM showing 8 miles, but knowing she wanted to run a few errands and zip back home up the tollway.

OK, I thought, got my phone out and started dialing... but... wait... I have the Leaf, she has the Volt!

I had to talk her down from the stress of having to use a little bit of gas to get home (she didn't have the eVgo keyfob or a Blink card yet to even L2 charge nearby). I guess I never explained when we got the Volt that it didn't have a QC port...

The most surprising thing in the whole story is how much it bothered her that she was going to have to burn gas. I wasn't sure how "on the bandwagon" she was with this EV stuff.

Cheezmo said:
The most surprising thing in the whole story is how much it bothered her that she was going to have to burn gas. I wasn't sure how "on the bandwagon" she was with this EV stuff.
I've had a similar experience. My wife's been driving her Volt for 6 weeks or so. She told me the other day how much she hates it when the gas engine comes on because the car is so noisy. Of course, I've ridden in the car and even driven it once while it was running on gasoline. It isn't any noisier than the Prius she used to drive. But I realized that we do become very in-tune with our automobiles after driving them for some time. I can only imagine what my Leaf would feel like if it suddenly had a gas engine running. While it might be normal for most people, I've been driving the Leaf for a long time and I have a subconscious expectation of how the car should feel and sound.

Steven,

Congrats on your new Volt.

I am seriously considering. I presume you bought. How much did you end up paying before the taxes and title ? Or did you lease ?

Jay

mkjayakumar said:
Steven,

I am seriously considering. I presume you bought. How much did you end up paying before the taxes and title ? Or did you lease ?

Jay

Leased again, because I wouldn't get the $7500 tax rebate and that was a way to capture it.

I juggled price and trade in value to get the lease to under $250/mo. It is a fully loaded 2012.

I suspect you would really like the Volt. Chevy just changed some things with regard to pricing/lease terms and they have a new "return policy" that makes trying one out look like a no brainer.

Cheezmo said:
mkjayakumar said:
Steven,

Jay

Leased again, because I wouldn't get the $7500 tax rebate and that was a way to capture it.

I juggled price and trade in value to get the lease to under $250/mo. It is a fully loaded 2012.

I suspect you would really like the Volt. Chevy just changed some things with regard to pricing/lease terms and they have a new "return policy" that makes trying one out look like a no brainer.
http://www.chevrolet.com/confidence/#home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's info about the new program. It looks great and I'm guessing will sell a lot of Volts.

Back