Konnwei KW902 Dongle Sometimes Won't Come On

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

Sometimes I push the button on my KW902 and it doesn't come on. Usually, if I play with it for a while (pushing button, holding button, turning off then one the switch on the cord to the ODBII connector), it will come on.

Sometimes the red light flashes momentarily. Sometimes nothing. Sometimes it will come on by itself when I switch it on via the cord switch. Sometimes I think I simply need to wait a few minutes for it to "boot up." My trial-and-error experiments have not shown me what I need to know.

Does someone know what conditions it needs before it will come on?

RayTrMF.jpg

It could be an issue with the OBD socket, extension cable, or in-line power switch. It could be an issue with the KW902 or the built-in power switch. I would try turning the car on, waiting 15 to 30 seconds, turning on the in-line power switch, then waiting another 15 to 45 seconds for the KW902 to power up. Check with the manufacturer of the KW902. Is it supposed to turn itself on, or does it wait for the power button to be pressed?

Back