Lance Armstrong to get the very first production Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
Lance about Steve Jobs via Twitter yesterday...."I hear Steve Jobs reserved a Nissan Leaf today. You can have the second one boss, I got dibs on the first one!"

F*CK THAT! Jobs just ordered his, he can bloody well wait until after we get ours!

:)
Do not mess with The Jobs.....he will have the Applelistas at your house by this evening!

sjfotos said:
mwalsh said:
Lance about Steve Jobs via Twitter yesterday...."I hear Steve Jobs reserved a Nissan Leaf today. You can have the second one boss, I got dibs on the first one!"

F*CK THAT! Jobs just ordered his, he can bloody well wait until after we get ours!

:)
Do not mess with The Jobs.....he will have the Applelistas at your house by this evening!

But it'll be uncoordinated because they won't have duct tape on their IPhones... :lol:

sjfotos said:
Love the Alliance reference! Almost bought one before sanity prevailed. :lol:

Actually, I think they were pretty good, it was the long term viability of Renault in the US that concerned me.

I actually had pretty good luck with mine -- my first new car. Actually, the fact that it had heat and functional brakes was a big step up for me. :lol: Over 40 mpg. Over 170,000 miles when I gave it to my Dad. Never had it in the shop, except for a smog test. The mechanic said he hadn't seen any with over 100K because they usually died from overheating. I'd stumbled onto the discovery early on, that the cooling system needed to be bled of air every so often. Guess that's what saved me.

jgrode1 said:
Time to trade the canoe for a kayak and scrap the old school chain driven bicycle for one of these shaft driven rides.
http://www.dynamicbicycles.com/
Also no emissions. No dirty greasy chain to muss my new LEAFS interior.
I'm ready.
Jim

Old-school for sure, yet so far nothing surpasses properly maintained chain drive for efficiency on a bicycle. And when the power pack is your own mitochondria, that's a big deal. :) Still, a closed system has definite appeal from a utility standpoint and I've considered building something with an internal hub. But not enough to actually do it yet. ;)

Back