Leaf Orders delayed (till Tuesday Aug 31st)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
palmermd said:
javan said:
First Gary delayed the aptera, and now the leaf. I'm beginning to think his alter-ego is Paul Wilbur. ;)

Maybe Gavin used it as his screen saver.

Ouch. :)

Nope, aptera is still my screensaver...I figure after the carver one and vw gx3 and then aptera, well I've killed three cars I want, I'm not putting any more cars as screensavers until I actually own one.

Gavin

Gavin said:
Nope, aptera is still my screensaver...I figure after the carver one and vw gx3 and then aptera, well I've killed three cars I want, I'm not putting any more cars as screensavers until I actually own one.

I've all the upcoming EVs for my rotating desktop :twisted:

BrendanDolan said:
mwalsh said:
Who is still watchful today, just in case?

I'm birddogging my Blackberry and pouncing on every incoming email just in case... :lol: :lol:

+1
And, my home PC refreshes & pushes to the PDA every 5 minutes
I hope these delays don't turn the entire YEAR into a series of Aptera type delays

I was told today that only 200 emails would go out on the 31st. The dealer seemed to think that this 200 number was for California only and didn't account the other august markets, but he wasn't firm on this.

What I'm wondering now is if this number is the same as the number of people who were supposed to place their order in august, or if it's smaller.

If it's the same number, and this number is for CA only, then it means that august orders should get the CA refund almost guaranteed, and that september orders will have a really good chance at getting it as well.

gudy said:
I was told today that only 200 emails would go out on the 31st. The dealer seemed to think that this 200 number was for California only and didn't account the other august markets, but he wasn't firm on this.

What I'm wondering now is if this number is the same as the number of people who were supposed to place their order in august, or if it's smaller.

If it's the same number, and this number is for CA only, then it means that august orders should get the CA refund almost guaranteed, and that september orders will have a really good chance at getting it as well.

I don't know who told you 200, but Dee said only "20 emails" for each of the five rollout states in Aug. Sept. orders, if they aren't delayed, will be Sept.1st. And I already have heard from Nissan that some Sept. orders could arrive sooner than some Aug. ones.

gudy said:
. . . . . . . . . snip

I don't know who told you 200, but Dee said only "20 emails" for each of the five rollout states in Aug. Sept. orders, if they aren't delayed, will be Sept.1st. And I already have heard from Nissan that some Sept. orders could arrive sooner than some Aug. ones.

That's completely irrational. 20 emails for EACH state? When CA has OVER 10 times the population of some of the dinky states in the first roll out? When I do the math on THAT, I can't fathom Nissan being that foolish.

I heard "212", but not sure if that's CA only. It might be Western Region, which would probably include most initial roll-out areas with August orders. Anyway, that makes more sense than 20 each.

hill said:
gudy said:
. . . . . . . . . snip

That's completely irrational. 20 emails for EACH state? When CA has OVER 10 times the population of some of the dinky states in the first roll out? When I do the math on THAT, I can't fathom Nissan being that foolish.

Actually, it does make sense. Most of the orders will be early Sept; she said Sept. 1st, but now they may be delayed a few days. I'm just telling ya what she said and I think she's a dealer. That's probably why some Sept. orders could be delivered before some Aug. orders.

Regarding delivery dates, all I've heard from the dealers so far is that cars get produced and delivered in the order they are ordered.
I think that it would be strange if people supposed to order in august would end up ordering after people supposed to order in september. My guess is that they use the reservation order, they cut at a given number of orders per month, and that determined the order month in the july 27th email. Whatever delays they have, they'll send emails in the order determined by the original reservation. (that would sound logical to me, and this thinking is not biased at all by the fact that I'm in the august wave ;) )

I think the bottom line is that no one knows for sure at this point. At least no one who is talking...

Tom

gudy said:
Regarding delivery dates, all I've heard from the dealers so far is that cars get produced and delivered in the order they are ordered.
I think that it would be strange if people supposed to order in august would end up ordering after people supposed to order in september. My guess is that they use the reservation order, they cut at a given number of orders per month, and that determined the order month in the july 27th email. Whatever delays they have, they'll send emails in the order determined by the original reservation. (that would sound logical to me, and this thinking is not biased at all by the fact that I'm in the august wave ;) )

I'm in the August group, and while I'd love to place my order on Tuesday the 31st, I'm starting to wonder if the "System" will be ready.

Remember when 4/20 hit for our $99 reservations? How many emails did we get from Nissan telling us that was going to happen? 3? They told us what to expect.

Now we are about to start the ordering process, and not an official word from Nissan to the buyers. We've received some information on pricing and options from dealers that have posted here, but nothing from Nissan officially. Will they really open up ordering with no photos of what the options look like? Will we get more information about the options and other details at ordering time? That doesn't make any sense. How can you sell options like an "eco package" or a "protection package" without telling your customers more information about what those are?

Like I said, I'm hoping for something to happen on Tuesday, but this is uncharacteristic of Nissan not to communicate more to the customers about what is going to happen. The website says it will be updated in late August, but it is getting pretty late Nissan!!!

Anyways, I'd like to be optimistic that we'll see some action, emails, and web site changes today to get ready for tomorrow. And, Nissan , please give us a time range of when the emails are going to go out. Don't make us wait by our computers all day, checking email every few minutes...

Randy said:
How can you sell options like an "eco package" or a "protection package" without telling your customers more information about what those are?

Yes, they should be sending an informative email ... today ?

Back