Leaf Owners : Actual Lease Details

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted the actual numbers from my lease agreement in this thread, if you want to see how it worked out for a CA lease:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3823

hategas said:
One thing that irks me is that the dealer taking the $7,500 means if I decide to buy the car at the end of the
lease it in effect I am paying $7,500 over the price of the car. Am I wrong to look at it this way?

I don't think this is correct, because the $7,500 is reflected in your lower monthly payment over the term of the lease.

Ready2plugin said:
hategas said:
One thing that irks me is that the dealer taking the $7,500 means if I decide to buy the car at the end of the
lease it in effect I am paying $7,500 over the price of the car. Am I wrong to look at it this way?

I don't think this is correct, because the $7,500 is reflected in your lower monthly payment over the term of the lease.
Right. You get the $7,500 either way:
As a downpayment on your Lease (reducing your monthly cost)
As a kick-back after you pay cash.

You write a check for $2,000, the dealer writes it up as a "$9,500 Payment" on Month 1 of your lease. Very nice, actually.

GroundLoop said:
Ready2plugin said:
hategas said:

Right. You get the $7,500 either way:
As a downpayment on your Lease (reducing your monthly cost)
As a kick-back after you pay cash.

You write a check for $2,000, the dealer writes it up as a "$9,500 Payment" on Month 1 of your lease. Very nice, actually.

I concur. I did the same last Saturday when I got my LEAF. But mine is $3000 check since I got the Quick charge port. Monthly lease payment comes up to around $420/month with residual about $15500.

csriram45 said:
Also, I dont think in CA if you trade-in the total purchase price is decreased and you end up paying less sales tax. No matter what, we end up paying tax on the full sales price. :-(
For CA, that's correct per http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html.

The earlier person who posted about saving on sales tax by trading in lives in AZ, where you can do it. Same goes for WA state.

Finally picked up my Leaf on Saturday! I was so excited that I think I made the wrong choice on financing.
My price: $33,540 including destination fee
Down: $1999 +$150 doc fee+$232 license=$2384
$345.28/month for 39 months 12,000 miles
RESIDUAL:$15,197.60

I was going to get a 36 month at $355/month but then the dealer asked me to go 39 months instead. He said it was a better deal and that my monthly payment would be $10 less.

After getting home and thinking about it after some of the excitement about finally getting the car has worn off,
I'm going to pay an extra $1100 for the car that I got a $1000 off MSRP initially and have to pay a full year of registration..another $200-300 :(

Anyone else make this same mistake? Can it be changed now that I have the car?

The other reason I chose 36 mos. is that the warranty expires in three years. That must have been Rairdon's because the 39 mo. lease was the first quote from them, and after I thought about it, had it changed it to 36 before I leased the car.

Back