Leaf Repair Manual

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hatuey said:
I got a less expensive one, also from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140565583347
Oh no ... here come the "must be pirated" comments.
;)
The seller has 100% positive feedback ... been on ebay for a half dozen years ... and over 500 transactions. Ya know it IS possible to make arrangement with companies to license ... drop ship and or bulk sell their products.

hill said:
Ya know it IS possible to make arrangement with companies to license ... drop ship and or bulk sell their products.
If it is a licensed Nissan product, wouldn't the seller want to mention that in his listing? Why wouldn't the CD also be available from the Nissan parts department if it is their product and being drop-shipped? The only official source I am aware of from Nissan is the subscription service online.

TT

It's clearly pirated since it comes on a light scribe cd and clearly any officially licensed version would cost a lot more. If you are going to pirate it at least search google for it first, that way at least a pirate doesn't get money for it....

QueenBee said:
It's clearly pirated since it comes on a light scribe cd and clearly any officially licensed version would cost a lot more. If you are going to pirate it at least search google for it first, that way at least a pirate doesn't get money for it....

Did you buy one too? Who else bought one and isn't admitting it? :mrgreen:

You may as well get an eye patch and a plastic parrot now..

pss.. if someone comes up to you with an extension cord and offers to let you plug in for $2, ask them first if its their electricity..

Amid all the "pirate" talk, no one seems to be focusing on the fact that a revised April 2011 version of the service manual is available...I may have to download it again to get the latest and greatest information!!!!

mogur said:
Anyone compare what is different between the December 2010 version and the April 2011 version?
The table-of-contents of the 2011LEAF Service Manual shows one additional section, "CCS Cruise Control System", in a previously "empty" chapter "O CRUISE CONTROL & DRIVER ASSISTANCE".

(I said "empty" 'cause chapter "O" in the 2010 manual does contain sections, just without corresponding contents; the sections' title text is black so you don't see it:

O CRUISE CONTROL & DRIVER ASSISTANCE
* CCS Cruise Control System
* DAS Driver Assistance System
* DMS Drive Mode System
)

In the 2010 manual, the cruise control is covered in "EVC EV Control System", page 49, "Automatic Speed Control Device (ASCD)".

So perhaps they just reordered what was already there...

aqn said:
mogur said:
Anyone compare what is different between the December 2010 version and the April 2011 version?
The table-of-contents of the 2011LEAF Service Manual shows one additional section, "CCS Cruise Control System", in a previously "empty" chapter "O CRUISE CONTROL & DRIVER ASSISTANCE".

(I said "empty" 'cause chapter "O" in the 2010 manual does contain sections, just without corresponding contents; the sections' title text is black so you don't see it:

O CRUISE CONTROL & DRIVER ASSISTANCE
* CCS Cruise Control System
* DAS Driver Assistance System
* DMS Drive Mode System
)

In the 2010 manual, the cruise control is covered in "EVC EV Control System", page 49, "Automatic Speed Control Device (ASCD)".

I downloaded the updated version a few weeks ago. The version info now says Edition: November 2010 Revision: April 2011. There's 52 files that are 90.7MB (95,183,660). I think the additional file is the CCS which is just two pages that link back to the EVC pdf. The additional content includes the cold weather package. Battery heaters, heated seat/steering wheel info is all in there.

rnkepler said:
I downloaded the updated version a few weeks ago. The version info now says Edition: November 2010 Revision: April 2011. There's 52 files that are 90.7MB (95,183,660). I think the additional file is the CCS which is just two pages that link back to the EVC pdf. The additional content includes the cold weather package. Battery heaters, heated seat/steering wheel info is all in there.

Does anyone know if this has been updated for the 2013 model year?

Yes, they have been updated for each model year. You select the model (LEAF) and year on the web site and you can view the manual for that particular model year. I finally renewed my subscription for 30 days and looked at some things for my 2015--each section or subsection is a separate PDF file as described in previous posts. I will probably order the wiring diagrams along with the manual on disk for my 2015 because there is no way to download or print the color wiring diagrams and you can only get them on disk if you buy them at the same time as you buy the manual on disk. The color wiring diagrams are much easier to follow than the black/white versions embedded in the PDF files of the service manual.

Back