Leaf vs Focus Electric - Features Compared

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scottf200 said:
evnow said:
In fact Ford FFE will have much lower American content as the battery will come from Korea.
Currently yes, but from Holland, Mich in the "near" future.
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/ottawa_county/Korea-LG-Chem-wins-Ford-Focus-battery-pack-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's right. Because of the weight, it makes sense to produce the battery close to the assembly plant.

Infact, Ford got $5.9 Billion in subsidized loan from DOE for this (Nissan got $1.4B). I hope they will produce a much more competitive plugin"Energi".

how about adding charging times from dead to full. that 6.6 kW charger would be nice, especially for the winter in colder climates where reduced range will result in a need to charge more frequently.

thankyouOB said:
TomT said:
It would be irrelevant to me. Besides, very few "American Cars" are truly made in America anymore...

thankyouOB said:
i guess that is a question, not a comment saying that made in the usa doesnt matter.

i can think of foreign cars made here: toyota, bmw.
but what American Car that is sold here isnt made in America? (I am not saying they dont exist.)

Nov 25, 2008 – Although North American customers will still need to wait 2 or 3 years, the Chevrolet Cruze is launched in Korea as the Daewoo Lacetti <<<----

Or any of the Chevy pickups, made in Canada or Mexico. There's plenty more.

Nissan assembly and batteries being done in Smyrna.
That is right, isnt it, EVNOW, the assembly is in the USA, not just the battery plant?

Not yet. Soon... 2012 or 2013.

Back