Leafers of Orange County, CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
City of Orange, checking in.

I had my in-home assessment yesterday and by tomorrow I should have my quote. It's a new home, and the tech stated it will be the least complicated of installs (read: lowest cost). One thing that I wasn't aware of is that the charging stations will be good for ALL EV's and not just Nissan. Thankfully the connector is standardized.

The company is Aliso Electric & Solar and they're based in Laguna Hills. They service everyone from SJC to east Long Beach.

Installs will start in early October.

Future Leaf owner in Mission Viejo!

I had Aliso out on Wednesday but haven't heard anything back yet on a quote. The guy that came out wasn't an electrician - which I thought was a big odd.

If I don't hear anything by EOD monday I will call them.

Matt

Raising my hand ....
Glad to be here.

Made online reservation on 4/20/10.
Home charger assessment on 7/2/10 (AV staffer, not contractor).
Quote received 7/10/10.

Also patiently awaiting building dept. approval so that our PV system can finally be installed. Going for solar powered mileage.

JP

Welcome JP,
My PV system (in Laguna Hills) has been going for about 1.5 years. What are you installing?

How did your bid for the AV "install" come out?

Consider adding a "pin" to the "LEAFers" map (near, but not AT your house).

You may PM me if you have questions that are not of general interest.

Has anyone in OC received their quote yet from the EVSE assessment? I was initially told a maximum of two days, but when I called Aliso they said it was AeroEnvironment's fault. It's been 12 biz days since and NOTHING. I specified contact by the portal and I've been checking every couple of days.

I am in the same boat - I had an "assessment" on 7/7 - and I am still waiting. According to Aliso they have uploaded my information into the portal but I haven't gotten any quote yet.

Matt

Hi, Irvine checking in here.

I had my assessment on July 1 and still haven't heard a peep, now 26 days later. I've spoken with Nissan and Aerovironment a couple times. I just get apologies and reassurances that it's not a problem since they won't be scheduling installations until September for October jobs.

Meanwhile, I had another electrician come by today to do an estimate.

To be fair, I have an old, fully packed 100 amp panel and it's located far enough from the garage that the conduit run needs to be more than 60 feet. I also asked them to look into a separate Time of Use (TOU) meter from Southern Cal Edison, as others on this forum have had done. Going this route might allow me to avoid messing with the main panel and tie in for the separate meter before the panel. Aliso said that they needed to get informed about that from SCE. So that might be part of what's causing the delay.

Has anyone heard anything back yet on the quote for the charger? I haven't - and have been bugging Aliso every 10 days or so - each time the answer is "you should have it shortly"....

I can't order my Leaf until December of 2010 - so I do have some time.... I wonder how long it will take after ordering to get it.... :)

Matt

Yes, I received my quote last week Tuesday? 29 days to the day after I actually had the assessment.

Probably the least complicated install they had to quote, and it was $2315 including tax. I received the quote via the Nissan Leaf portal and was told to await further instruction.

Based on some of the reviews during the plug-in conference in San Jose recently, it looks like we'll be able to choose other contractors who are much more reasonable (there were two that were quoting $1200 and $800 for a similar install). Do your homework. Don't go with AV just because they have a partnership with Nissan.

yes - will most likely do that. If there is a self install that would be even better (for me). I have a 30amp circuit for a dryer that I can use - just hook the EVSE up and mount it. All done.... about as simple as it gets.

Matt

Gary,

I don't know if you've been following the Fontana Nissan thread (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=932), but they are advertising $1K BELOW MSRP. I've spoken with the salesrep, and am familiar with the owner. They are reputable and I've changed my preferred dealer to them.

Yes thanks, I have been following that topic.

Fontana Nissan is about 56 miles of freeway from here, not really convenient for service.

Carson Nissan is "only" 34 miles, but seems to have very good sales AND SERVICE reviews. I would prefer to buy from the dealer that I will use for service.

The closest dealer is only 3 miles, with mostly good reviews on sales, but some service revievs that are "disturbing".

We shall see what happens as the "first wave" shares their experiences.

Actually, I follow all the topics.

I find it convenient (after logging in) to use "View Active Topics" (top left) to get a date-time ordered list of all topics with new posts. Those with new posts since I last read the topic have very convenient links (icon in the title, at the beginning of title) to take me to the first un-read post in the topic. Works very well, usually very quickly, and lets me see all the new posts (not new edits).

I got my quote today through the Nissan website - $2,600. SUPER expensive! They quoted "Custom Installation" - I am not sure why - since I have a old dryer hookup in the garage that isn't used - they can just wire directly into that.

$721 for the actual dock itself. I am definitely going to wait and see what other options come out. I am thinking this (seems) very overpriced right now.

Thoughts?

Matt

garygid said:
Fontana Nissan is about 56 miles of freeway from here, not really convenient for service.

Carson Nissan is "only" 34 miles, but seems to have very good sales AND SERVICE reviews. I would prefer to buy from the dealer that I will use for service.

The closest dealer is only 3 miles, with mostly good reviews on sales, but some service revievs that are "disturbing".

I think service is going to be rather minimal and will not play into my choice of dealers. Right now I plan to get a quote from Fontana.

I can handle "pushy" or "misleading" during the sales process by reading and not signing.

However, honest, competent, and trustworthy service is needed to avoid having things strangely "break" right after I deliver the car for service!

To me, the service integrity is VERY important, especially on a high-tech, one-source vehicle like this.

I see your point Gary, but I tend to agree precisely with smkettner. There are two dealerships in a 5 mile radius that I can choose from, and if worse comes to worse I can always take it to Fontana for high$ items. $1K off is worth it to me.

Back