Leafers of Orange County, CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long Beach calling. Being on the edge of the two counties, I've dropped in on the LA Area thread as well.

I've contacted Carson, Cerritos, OC/Garden Grove, Surf City and Buena Park for pricing and any details they might offer on the rollout of the LEAF. Not all have been responsive and one, Cerritos, has been non-committal on MSRP. I've referred all of them to this site and the dealership thread, noting the Fontana and Costa Mesa offers. I'll share any firm commitments that I get here.

Best of luck to all in the weeks an months ahead!

I just sent the following to the 8 dealers within 20 miles of 92653,
and 5 of the more "reachable" dealers within 40 miles (airline distance).

Hi,
I will be ordering the new LEAF all-electric car within the next few weeks, hoping for a delivery in time to get the CA $5000 Rebate.

I want the Level 3 charging capability, so it appears that the SL model will be required.

I am shopping for a good price.
There are dealers in the LA area who are willing to commit to selling the LEAF for $1000 under MSRP, with no "extra" fees and "adjustments".

Are you wiling to match, or beat, their offer?
Thanks, Gary (PhD in EE and CS)

PS - If you need help understanding anything about the LEAF, the EVSEs, or EVs in general, you may ask for my help, since I want to help encourage the success of the EV in any way I can.

We shall see what response I get.
Yes, I should have added a referal to this forum.

garygid said:
I just sent the following to the 8 dealers within 20 miles of 92653,
and 5 of the more "reachable" dealers within 40 miles (airline distance).
We shall see what response I get.
Yes, I should have added a referal to this forum.
You could add the forum referal in a second letter after waiting X# days and re-contacting the non-responders with your initial results, and a thank you (and "I'll consider your offer") letter to those that have responded.

Buena Park Nissan was very excited to talk to me when I went in to talk to them. Was introduced to a bunch of managers, was told how they knew all about the car, and were putting in several chargers. (Although they were a little confused on the L2 and L3 standards .)

When I tried to get price info from them, back peddling began, and I was told they had no pricing information at all.

Antelope Valley Nissan, while far, has agreed to hold msrp price without any issue. I've also been told, if it is possible, they'll meet fontanas $1,000 discount. And work out a flatbed truck delivery deal. It's worth it folks.

In response to my 13 dealer queries:

1. Alex at Fontana Nissan called me back in less than 30 minutes.
2. Roger at Carona Nissan called in under 2 hours.
3. Wendy at Surf City Nissan called in under 3 hours.

I will check my email for responses tomorrow.

Even though it was Sunday, I had good conversations with all three callers.

Irvine, here, checking back in again after some time ....

I had my home assessment by AV on July 2nd. I received my EVSE quote from AV after 8 days later. My 'very basic' install was quoted at $2200. This was disappointing as I thought $2200 was to be the 'average' price. Apparently, that is actually AV's lowest price (from what I can tell -- anyone hear of a lower AV quote?) Since my daily commute is ~60 mi. and my employer will have Level 2 and (later) Level 3 charging available, I will wait on selecting a home charger until I can learn more about competitor home charging stations and pricing.

One of my latest emails from Nissan indicated that I have a September order date (reservation made 4/20). Now, having read recent posts on the forum, I'm soon to change my Selected Dealer from Tustin Nissan to Fontana Nissan ... what with the $1000 off MSRP offer. Fontana Nissan is within 50 mi. of home, so I'm good there. Unless there is another more local dealer to meet (or substantially close) to that price, I'm going with Fontana. Connell in Costa Mesa might be another possibility. I'm sure things, though, will shake out even more as we get closer to sale dates.

The countdown continues ....

jp

I just received a phone call from Edgar (another salesman specificially assigned to the Leaf delivery process) from Fontana Nissan. Very helpful and very responsive. They seem to be very proactive and communicative during this whole process. Glad I made the preferred dealer switch. I don't mind driving all the way out there, at least I'll get to spend a nice long ride back home in the Leaf :)

@garygid

Hey. We finally got our bldg permits/interconnection agreement/HOA approvals for our 4.3 kw AC system. Install starts next Monday! ;b

I've added my 'pin' to the "LEAFers" map .... thanks.

Any more word from local dealers as to matching Fontana Nissan's $1000 off MSRP.

JP

It appears that many will match other "real" discounts, if you ask nicely. However several say that they have yet to get the real dealer cost info from Nissan, so are waiting to see what their real margins will be.

Most of the 13 dealers that I "contacted" (with their on-line "contact" or "quote" forms) responded, but I have not yet had time to read them all.

The 3 phone and 2 emails I have read so far have all been very positive.

More later.

Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today announced the start of order specification for the 2011 model year Nissan LEAF -- the industry's first 100-percent electric car for the mass market -- for those customers who have placed a reservation online. Consumers will now be able to choose the color and trim level of their Nissan LEAF, bringing them one step closer to a tailpipe-, gas- and emission-free future.

http://www.nissanleafinfo.com/dealership/latestnews/

Today, Nissan North America and the state of Hawaii announced a partnership to advance zero-emission mobility by promoting the development of electric vehicles, and an electric-vehicle charging network, throughout the state. The partnership, which was announced at the Asia Pacific Clean Energy Summit and Expo in Honolulu, marks Nissan's first definitive agreement in the United States and will help to foster the adoption of electric-vehicle technology. The Nissan LEAF, the world's first affordable, zero-emission, all-electric vehicle for the mass market, will be available in Hawaii beginning in January 2011.

http://www.nissanleafinfo.com

I know that Costa Mesa and Fontana are where its at, but did anyone here happen to go with Carson, Cerritos or Garden Grove?

LBCev said:
I know that Costa Mesa and Fontana are where its at, but did anyone here happen to go with Carson, Cerritos or Garden Grove?

Garden Grove were a complete waste of time. I went over there twice and they wouldn't commit to any pricing. Actually, they really didn't seem all that interested in selling me a car.

Xenalmorph,

Welcome and Congratulations on getting your order in.
Well you be joining us on Saturday 18 Sep at Hometown Buffet
in Santa Ana (17th street) for breakfast?

What are you doing for an EVSE?
Have you seen the http://www.ev-chargeamerica.com EV2104 $649 unit?

Cheers, Gary

Unfortunately I was left out of the August ordering, but only by a few days. I placed my order September 3rd @ 1:45pm. Hopefully the few days won't kick my delivery into January.

garygid, I wasn't aware of the meeting. Is this a Leaf registrants type of thing?

Back