Leaf's on EBAY!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossyleaf

Now that we have a couple of pre-owned available we thought we wold put them on Ebay. Tell me your thoughts....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Leaf-2011-NISSAN-LEAF-SL-HATCHBACK-4D-NO-RESERVE-/110750555290?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19c93f5c9a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the tough question is how to handle the tax credit / california rebate offset. Does that $10K incentive de-value the pre-owned car as compared to a new car?

Randy

Randy said:
I think the tough question is how to handle the tax credit / california rebate offset. Does that $10K incentive de-value the pre-owned car as compared to a new car?

Randy

I think especially for the peope who are not in CA there could be some value in a pre-owned 2011. I have been taking orders on 2012's lately all pushing 39k. In CA that will be almost 42k including tax and lic.

mossyleaf said:
Now that we have a couple of pre-owned available we thought we wold put them on Ebay. Tell me your thoughts....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Leaf-2011-NISSAN-LEAF-SL-HATCHBACK-4D-NO-RESERVE-/110750555290?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19c93f5c9a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I expect these cars will sell to out-of-state buyers at these prices, Leon;

But, I would delete the part that says: "engine runs properly" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think used Leaf's are going to be a brave new world for many a used car manager, and their paste ready ad commentary.

I'm a bit confused--if I were in the market for a 2011 Leaf, I'd get $7500 back from the feds for buying new, right? $32,780-$7500=$25,280. I'm assuming I can't get this for buying used (or I'd sell my Leaf to my neighbor and have him sell it back to me, repeatedly...)

So my question is why would anyone pay more than $25,280 for a used 2011 Leaf, when they could get one new for that price (with a warranty)? Other than needing it *now*, is there some other reason I've overlooked?

the $7,500 fed money does affect the used car value, or will at some point when the market is normal (when there is ground stock) and used units avail

why buy a used Leaf with no credit as opposed to a new one and get the $7,500

its the same issure with large mfr incentives we had a couple years ago

devalues your late model used car of the same type

if the price drops at some point on the Leaf or a new car comes out someday like the Focus (yeah sure) that will put a hurtin on the value too as the New Ford EV :roll: will qualify for the $7,500

i

bradleygibson said:
I'm a bit confused--if I were in the market for a 2011 Leaf, I'd get $7500 back from the feds for buying new, right? $32,780-$7500=$25,280. I'm assuming I can't get this for buying used (or I'd sell my Leaf to my neighbor and have him sell it back to me, repeatedly...)

So my question is why would anyone pay more than $25,280 for a used 2011 Leaf, when they could get one new for that price (with a warranty)? Other than needing it *now*, is there some other reason I've overlooked?

I think getting the new 2011 might be the hard part....

mossyleaf said:
I think especially for the peope who are not in CA there could be some value in a pre-owned 2011. I have been taking orders on 2012's lately all pushing 39k. In CA that will be almost 42k including tax and lic.
And with the incentives that takes you down to 32k, which makes the 30k you're asking for a low mileage used one make sense.

mossyleaf said:
I'm considering selling my 2011 Leaf SV with 4,200 miles, which I purchased in mid June. According to the California Center for Sustainable Energy, I will need to return the prorated amount of the clean vehicle rebate. Do you think that I can find a buyer at around $28K?

mossyleaf said:
bradleygibson said:

I think getting the new 2011 might be the hard part....
hmm, maybe but there seems to be plenty of orphan 2011 LEAFs lately. I count 6 orphans at Mossy Dealerships alone currently. With at least a $7500 tax credit even for out of staters, it's difficult to understand why a reasonable person with resources would go for used LEAFs at a higher price.

Incidentally, I saw that you have your LEAF #2218 up on eBay as well http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-NISSAN-LEAF-SV-NO-RESERVE-/110750554784?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19c93f5aa0#ht_4212wt_1165" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The rear window Mossy KM sticker is gone too http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4356&start=30#p103331" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Are you upgrading to the new 2012 or has the novelty of LEAF ownership worn off? ;-)

The orphans available at the other locations are available for handsome premiums given the 2012 price increase. I think one of them is as high as 5k over msrp. Perhaps I should have said getting the 2011 at MSRP would be the hard part. I am enjoying another 2011 Leaf myself thank you, and expect to be driving a 2012 in the near future. The Leaf is not a novelty to me, more like a necessity.

surfingslovak said:
I'm considering selling my 2011 Leaf SV with 4,200 miles, which I purchased in mid June. According to the California Center for Sustainable Energy, I will need to return the prorated amount of the clean vehicle rebate. Do you think that I can find a buyer at around $28K?
Why are you thinking of selling after only 3-4 months?

Stoaty said:
Why are you thinking of selling after only 3-4 months?
I like the Leaf and it increasingly looks like it will be a very successful product. It's not an ideal fit for me however and the buildout of charging infrastructure is much slower than anticipated. Please don't laugh, but I'm considering the Volt, and perhaps even the plugin Prius. The Volt is bit controversial, but I grew up in Germany and the Volt with the leather trim option feels much more European to me than the Leaf. GM might have gone overboard with their pack design, and a TMS might be pretty useless in California, but I feel that they need to be lauded for providing battery capacity warranty. The 40 miles EV range would work well for me day-to-day, and I would have an the option of going farther on weekends if I needed to without the need for L2 or L3 charging. I have heard on the Volt forum, that it's possible to get up to 50 miles of EV range if you follow some of the same efficient driving techniques that have been discussed here as well.

surfingslovak said:
Please don't laugh, but I'm considering the Volt, and perhaps even the plugin Prius.
Nothing funny about someone wanting to get the right plug in vehicle to best fit their needs. The Leaf is perfect for me, but mainly because I have my old ICE vehicle for the occasional long trip.

mossyleaf said:
The orphans available at the other locations are available for handsome premiums given the 2012 price increase. I think one of them is as high as 5k over msrp. Perhaps I should have said getting the 2011 at MSRP would be the hard part.
Actually, that's not always true. I got my orphan LEAF at Mossy Oceanside for 1K less than MSRP. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Quite a few dealerships are selling at or near MSRP. But even if there were a 5K+MSRP premium (which is highly unlikely to be successful), it would still be a better deal than buying a used car at these prices since the 7.5K is available for most people across the country (if they don't pay enough taxes then lease with quick buy is an option). In states like California where there's an additional state rebate of 2.5K, it's really not a difficult decision.

Back