Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jhm614 said:
leaffan said:
She even had the nerve to tell me that TX people posting about ordering was false.
Ouch! Who is "The Sup" and where are you talking to her?

leaffan said:
I don't want to buy a car from a company that I no longer trust.
Maybe they meant they would complete the December delivery orders before taking a wider range? Hang in there, partner. Have some faith in Nissan, they are still working out the bugs in the process -- I don't think they are intentionally misleading you. And if you don't have the tax credit this year, a couple of days one way or the other on delivery won't make any difference.

J.

Her name is Yvonne and she told me on the phone today that she GUARANTEED no emails went out to Texas. In my opinion, Nissan is losing credibility. Now she is either told to lie to us, or there is one heck of a mess with the email dispatcher. I can't believe she wouldn't know because TX would show up on the order completed in their database. It has nothing to do with the tax credit, I'm leasing. It has to do with all the lies I've been told just to appease me so I don't bother them. Well, tomorrow (Sat.) I'm going to bother them again and see how they will lie out of it this time! I believe there are many people getting shafted as well as myself, and they just tell us BS to keep us quiet.

I just want to confirm that the folks on the Nissan chat support line can activate the 'home assessment waiver' and allow us to request a quote without an assessment. It took less than 3 minutes total today.

I've requested a quote from Ancira Nissan on I10 in S.A. We'll see what they come back with. They've already said they add a dealer anti-theft option ($99 for etching the VIN on windows...) but don't know if this will apply to the Leaf.

Let's see the Texas quotes - we need to know if we'll be ordering from another state. ;)

leaffan said:
Her name is Yvonne and she told me on the phone today that she GUARANTEED no emails went out to Texas.

Yes - the CS sometime go off talking points, I guess. Sometime back a CS person tried to convince me that only Seattle city is in the rollout area - not even the evp areas in the metro - let alone the whole state.

But wait - don't people complain that offshore CS is too robotic with answers :lol:

AndyH said:
I just want to confirm that the folks on the Nissan chat support line can activate the 'home assessment waiver' and allow us to request a quote without an assessment. It took less than 3 minutes total today.

I've requested a quote from Ancira Nissan on I10 in S.A. We'll see what they come back with. They've already said they add a dealer anti-theft option ($99 for etching the VIN on windows...) but don't know if this will apply to the Leaf.

Let's see the Texas quotes - we need to know if we'll be ordering from another state. ;)

I tried 4 dealers in Dallas, the best I could come up with was $200 under MSRP -- and had to work fairly hard to get that.

AndyH said:

I guess you guys are caught offgaurd - none expected such early date for TX ordering ?

May be you guys can get together with those AZ guys and get it shipped free from Rairdon's here.

leaffan said:
I really think we're being lied to by Nissan about ordering. The Sup said that no ordering emails would go out to any other states before the first five are finished. She even had the nerve to tell me that TX people posting about ordering was false. I'm starting to get really fed up with this whole process and the lying right to my ears. They just tell you what you want to hear and it is just one lie after another. I don't want to buy a car from a company that I no longer trust. It isn't fair the way they are doing it, and I'm about to delay my dream for a few years (maybe buy a Focus EV when they come out) and buy a new heatpump instead before the rebates and tax credits run out in Dec. I still have the cleanest burning ICE in the world! After seeing these Texas orders, I wish I could retake that stupid survey.

leaffan, your frustration is understandable. But I truly don't think that the Nissan customer service reps are intentionally lying. CS reps in any business have an inherently difficult job - they are not subject matter experts, they are given scripts to answer most inquiries, and they deal typically with the negative issues that arise from the consumer standpoint. I think that they are often trying to make the customer feel better, and that sometimes they are telling you what they think you want to hear. Obviously, you have seen the down side of this - conflicting information and no real resolution to your issue. An alternative information source could prove beneficial. A phone call or email to your local LEAF dealer, with a request to speak with the Nissan district manager would put you in touch with someone that has the ear of Nissan corporate. Good luck in getting to the bottom of your issue.

LEAFguy said:
leaffan said:
I really think we're being lied to by Nissan about ordering. The Sup said that no ordering emails would go out to any other states before the first five are finished. She even had the nerve to tell me that TX people posting about ordering was false. I'm starting to get really fed up with this whole process and the lying right to my ears. They just tell you what you want to hear and it is just one lie after another. I don't want to buy a car from a company that I no longer trust. It isn't fair the way they are doing it, and I'm about to delay my dream for a few years (maybe buy a Focus EV when they come out) and buy a new heatpump instead before the rebates and tax credits run out in Dec. I still have the cleanest burning ICE in the world! After seeing these Texas orders, I wish I could retake that stupid survey.

leaffan, your frustration is understandable. But I truly don't think that the Nissan customer service reps are intentionally lying. CS reps in any business have an inherently difficult job - they are not subject matter experts, they are given scripts to answer most inquiries, and they deal typically with the negative issues that arise from the consumer standpoint. I think that they are often trying to make the customer feel better, and that sometimes they are telling you what they think you want to hear. Obviously, you have seen the down side of this - conflicting information and no real resolution to your issue. An alternative information source could prove beneficial. A phone call or email to your local LEAF dealer, with a request to speak with the Nissan district manager would put you in touch with someone that has the ear of Nissan corporate. Good luck in getting to the bottom of your issue.

You missed what I said. I didn't say CS reps. It was the Supervisor (Sup), and yes, she did lie about Texas not getting any ordering emails. Also, telling me that it is the reservation date/time and not the ordering date/time is what counts, could also be a lie.

http://www.aacog.com/cleancities/electricevent/

Welcome to the 2010 Electrification of Transportation Conference:
Advancing Transportation Choices and Economic Development

On October 21-22, 2010, the Alamo Area Council of Governments Clean Cities Coalition, in partnership with the City of San Antonio and Bexar County, will conduct the first ever Advancing the Choice event on electrified transportation. The title of this year’s event is: Electrification of Transportation: Advancing Transportation Choices and Economic Development.

This event is being held to continue the steps towards building a region-wide alternative fuel infrastructure. By developing alternative fuel infrastructure we will create greater Texas energy security, job creation, and improvements in air quality. To maintain the momentum from previous years, this conference will educate local governments, utilities, businesses, the media, and the general public on the benefits of electrified transportation. With fuel prices back on the rise it is important that we demonstrate the potential cost savings of these new technologies to vehicle fleets and general public in the Alamo Area.

The event will provide attendees with a comprehensive overview of the following topics:

Economic, environmental and energy security drivers shifting the market’s move to electrified transportation
Which fleets are best candidates for successful electrified transportation programs
Information on rebates, tax credits, and grant programs for electric vehicles
Expected growth in electrification of transportation and related economic development opportunities
Overview of electric vehicles and electric vehicle supply equipment
Overview of electrified transit, bikes, personal vehicles, and fleet vehicles
Large exhibit hall to view the newest electric vehicles on the market!
Electrification of transportation update throughout the Texas cities

Record-high gas and diesel prices are compelling businesses and organizations to explore how to rein in fuel costs. Besides saving green, many companies are also interested in driving green. Alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) fill the bill on both counts. Utilizing electric transportation promotes energy security by reducing our nation’s dependence on foreign oil. Electric vehicles are domestically abundant and are becoming commercially available at a growing number of areas throughout the country.

Electrification of Transportation is a two-day, interactive event that provides a comprehensive overview on the economic, environmental and energy security rationale for using electrified transportation. Available vehicles, funding opportunities, success stories and fuel station development will also be addressed. The event includes lunch and light refreshments, written materials and a large exhibit hall full of electric vehicles. The event is located in downtown San Antonio on the beautiful River Walk at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.

AndyH said:
jhm614 said:
How long did it take from your request to the quote? I'm on my 6th day after the RFQ.

Not long -- just over 90 minutes. I called him when I noticed my Dash board opened, verified the details of what we had talked about, then submitted the RAQ about 4 p.m. The quote was in my Dashboard by about 5:30 p.m.

Sounds like you should call the Dealer!

AndyH said:
How long did it take from your request to the quote? I'm on my 6th day after the RFQ.

Andy, they should have been back in touch with you way before now. Have you followed up with a phone call? You might call the store and go straight to the General Manager or General Sales Manager rather than the LEAF guy or the sales managers. Good luck!

LEAFguy said:
AndyH said:

Andy, they should have been back in touch with you way before now. Have you followed up with a phone call? You might call the store and go straight to the General Manager or General Sales Manager rather than the LEAF guy or the sales managers. Good luck!

I contacted them multiple times prior to the quote request - they confirmed that I was on top of their customer list.

No reply as of today.

New user... future Leaf owner... Had my home assessment today (09/22/10)! Very excited.

I'm in the Houston / Clear Lake area for you other Texas Leaf owners.

-Jeff

Andy, sounds like you are on their "customer" list (you have "set" them as your PD), but you are not on their RAQ list.

Normally, they have only 24 hours to respond to an RAQ.
After that, one "should" be able to select a new PD (or not?) and try again for another Quote.

So, it would seem that your RAQ never made it to their Dealer Dashboard, perhaps?

AndyH said:
No reply as of today.

Andy, you might try emailing or calling Leon @ Mossy (link in his sig). He might be able to help point you in the right direction. Definitely should have heard something back well before now.

Back