LEAFSCAN™ - The Ultimate Instrument for your LEAF!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wsbca said:
Ingineer said:
Due to the costs involved, we may ask for a pre-order for the initial run with a small deposit. How comfortable is everyone with that?

What about a Kickstarter campaign?
I was thinking about that, too.

Either way, I'm in for full price up front.

Count me in when your Ready. And I can help you sell / distribute them to on DepotEco.

Looks great!. Exactly what we need.

Yes, please make an option to determine how it acts when charging. For example, needs a push of a button to wake up/activate while charging. I plan to mount my leafscan on the mirror where you did and I don't want it to be shining until 4am every morning... when my Leaf finishes charging. Many other Leaf drivers park in front of their garages as well in the Bay Area. I wouldn't want someone to steal it thinking it was radar detector or something. Thanks Phil.

Ingineer said:
jkirkebo said:
Nice! So this means that if I turn the car off the display will go black? And when I start charging the LS can automatically turn on the display and switch to a "charging" screen, displaying voltage, kW input, amp input, SOC, battery temperature and maybe pilot signal?

I am definately getting one :ugeek:
Yes, right now the LEAFSCAN goes to sleep a few seconds after you shut off the Leaf, then wakes back up when charging starts and remains on until charging stops. I'll probably make options for each mode so you can determine how it acts.

-Phil

Development can be expensive so I'm serious about the deposit or advance payment in full. Let me know.

Super excited about this product. You da man Phil :)

Phil said that the LS would "sleep" until there is CAN-bus activity, then "wake up".

Will the "sleep" current be ... maybe 100 ma, or much less, perhaps 10 ma?
Do 3 CAN-receiver chips remain powered, with the uP in low-power mode?
I suspect that Phil's design will "sleep" well.

For example,
If it sleeps at 10 ma, at 12v that is 0.12 watts, or only 0.24 Ah per day.

Sitting for 10 days at the airport might be only 2.4 amp-hours from the LEAF's 12v battery.

And, one could always unplug the LS's OBD connector, if needed.

The sleep current on the prototype presently averages under a milliamp when in sleep mode. The display stays active, but no backlight. In the production models this may change, as I'm refining the design.

I do not use the switched 12v line in order to reduce the number of wires needed. It wakes up by examining data on the CAN bus and thus can be programmed to wake/not wake for certain events, and in addition, can be programmed to wake at certain times to initiate an action.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
... can be programmed to wake at certain times to initiate an action. ...
It is able to pick the time of day off the CAN bus or will we end up with a third clock to keep set correctly?

Great Work *Again* Phil !
Please count me among the first group interested in purchasing your LEAFSCAN .

Thanks,
Ken Clifton

Any idea what the price of this will be?
I'd be happy to make a deposit, but would need to know how much the device will cost me?

To be clear: I do NOT want deposits at this time. We are working hard to finalize hardware and determine costs, and which number of units we will make initially. This is tricky, which is why I asked for feedback on other potential options. If people can pre-order (not yet!) that will give us an idea of how many units we can afford to make, and the more we make, the cheaper they are. I cannot give any numbers at this time, please understand that. I'd like to ask that people spend a few minutes reading the thread instead of having me stop working to answer the same stuff over and over.

Thanks!

-Phil

Ingineer said:
I'd like to ask that people spend a few minutes reading the thread instead of having me stop working to answer the same stuff over and over.

I appreciate you dedication to posting here, but we'll live without you here for awhile! Let us stew for a bit; it builds excitement.

Maybe an auto response function, "Phil is in the shop working and can't respond now".

:mrgreen:

Excellent design!

I believe that the first prototype run of 100 units will go like hotcakes.

After that, maybe the question is if one should build 200, 500, or 1000. I suspect sales volume will fairly strongly depend upon pricing.

Ingineer said:
The sleep current on the prototype presently averages under a milliamp when in sleep mode. The display stays active, but no backlight. In the production models this may change, as I'm refining the design.

I do not use the switched 12v line in order to reduce the number of wires needed. It wakes up by examining data on the CAN bus and thus can be programmed to wake/not wake for certain events, and in addition, can be programmed to wake at certain times to initiate an action.

-Phil

I am interested and deposit is okay. 

As far as features the main thing for me is a highly customizable display as I do not like paging around to see everything like I do now on the infotainment system. I would like to be able to upload a screen template file that allows me to display parameters where and how I want them or something along those lines even if it is more simple like "display x,y, and z on page 1". Not sure if this is where you are heading but such control would be nice.

Other settings:
Screen update frequency
Font sizes
Precision
Threshold alarm types (flash, invert, and/or audible)
Unit should remember what screen it is on across shutdowns.
Charging data would be cool (like current draw), not sure what is available...

"Leafscan" what a cool name!

Totally interested and a deposit is fine.

Top feature list:
SOC with KWH remaining.
Amps in & out include QC amp flow.
Battery degradation in percent.
4 tire pressure position display.
Control which Leafscan screens are automatically defaulted for driving mode and charging mode and at rest modes.

Danny

I'm interested and a pre-deposit is fine with me.

My only concern is can you "idiot-proof" the installation process with step-by-step diagrams?

Thx.

To aid with customizing screens, users (who think they have good screens) will probably be able to "share" (upload) their screens (and a short description) in some way that the rest of us can easily download and use.

These Screen Descriptions will be written to the SD card that configures the LEAFSCAN.

Similar to the "skins" for the MIO GPS units, one (if not at rollout, at least sometime in the "near" future) should be able to do a lot of customization to the LS's display screens.

--------
Can I get a discount on an order (or pre-order) of 10 units?

Spindoctor said:
My only concern is can you "idiot-proof" the installation process with step-by-step diagrams?
:lol: I'm assuming that won't be any more complex than the process needed to plug in a telephone. Except for the optional customization, of course.

Count me in, and a deposit is fine.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back