LEAFSCAN™ - The Ultimate Instrument for your LEAF!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoaty said:
Ingineer said:
Due to the costs involved, we may ask for a pre-order for the initial run with a small deposit. How comfortable is everyone with that?
Pre-order with deposit is fine with me, as long as we know the price at time of pre-order.
Likewise.

As to features, I let that to t he Geeks. Like what I see so far, though. Bring it on - love toys.

Bill

No problem with pre-order with substantial deposit, say 40% of total price, if we have estimated delivery.
Final commitment will depend on final price. Fairly certain I'll buy if under $300.

Ingineer said:
I'm mainly looking to gauge interest and decide what features are most important for the initial release. The interest level will determine how many we build for the initial production run.

Due to the costs involved, we may ask for a pre-order for the initial run with a small deposit. How comfortable is everyone with that?

I'd like to see suggestions and interest levels here, that's the most use. While I'd like to be able to accommodate everyone, Asking for bizarre and rarely useful features is not productive at this time.

-Phil

Please add another to your preorder list with deposit - I'm hoping for all 3 channels of messages will be available and logging of the gps so I can google-earth the trip data and add watt-hour/(time or distance) graphing (e.g. replace velocity with watt or newtons). Another future part of the logging system would have the future capability to function after system power down and interact with telemetry -- essentially Carwings with SOC thru RSS messages.

Phil, I don't think you have answered this question yet for the non technical people out there.

What are you going to use as the bottom end of the state of charge?
Is 0% SOC going to be turtle mode (this would be my preference as reaching turtle would seem the logical 0% baseline) or is it going to be when the car shuts off and won't power back on (having dead as a baseline might encourage people to go there which doesn't seem good)?

Also, how do you (if you do) account for the variation in what the car considers 100% charge? Those with gid meters have mentioned there appears to be ~ 1% - 4% variance in the total usable energy after supposedly charging to 100%. I think it would be interesting to see if the car did or did not charge to 100%.

DoxyLover said:
EVDrive said:
TonyWilliams said:
I'll pay full price up front.
+ 1
+2
I've seen how Phil works. I'd trust him.
+3 - I use my upgraded EVSE multiple times a week. Leafscan will be even more useful to me and worth the cost. I'd gladly pay full price up front!

The one additional feature I'd like to see is the ability for LeafScan to send data wirelessly (bluetooth?) to a phone/tablet/computer so that others can develop apps that help answer the question: "Will I make it?" The best way to beat (range) anxiety is with information, and tools like Leafscan coupled with other apps would provide that.

I'm testing one such app right now called "Leaf Range" by Eric (Ampitupco). http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8051" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Having the ability for apps to querry Leafscan would be very helpful.

Ingineer said:
...-Phil
Please add me to the list of someone comfortable with that based on pricing... (EVSE upgrade going strong.... Happy. Thanks)

Would love one..

There's a meet in the uk in May for Leaf owners at Santa Pod drag strip... I'd love to take one along
and up the strip!!!

I'm comfortable paying full price up front too, if the price is OK with me.

I would happily pay the full price up-front -- you might consider a discount for those who do -- but I would need to know the price first. While I am attracted to the LEAFSCAN, as I am to many shiny new toys, I'm not sure that my driving patterns would justify a large expenditure just to be able to play with it.

Initial Capability Suggestions:

Hardware support for at least:
1. EV CAN and CAR CAN, possibly also AV CAN.
2. SDHD card slot, initially to support a full firmware update.
2a. Possibly full size SD with the future intent of supporting one of the existing "WiFi+SD" cards.
3. Display with good visibility and contrast, even in bright conditions (but not necessarily in direct sunlight). Enough resolution to provide clear-to-read screens. Color nice, but not necessary, but might be nice to provide for a nice bright cell-phone type Color Display as a future purchase option. Large enough to support characters for "old-eyes" vision.
4. Possibly support the use of the LEAF's switched 12v AND its always-on 12v (for use when charging).
4a. The "12v" is really more like 10v to 16v, right?
5. uP with at least 16 MHz, and good RAM, some EEPROM storage, and "large" flash so that these do not become constraints later.
6. Reasonable user input controls.
7. Pay close attention to operating temp range, at least about -40ºF to 160ºF so the LS will function when you get into a cold-soaked or hot-baked car.

Software Features (to make an attractive initial offering):

1. Ability to display
a. % of Usable Energy,
b. Battery A, V, W, Temp
c. Tire Pressures
d. RPM
e. Capacity: % of new, or absolute

Add Later:
a. Requested Braking,
b. Regen: % and/or absolute
c. Mechanical Braking: % and/or absolute,
d. Cell-Pair Health and Condition: Voltages and "Resistances"
e. Cell-Pair Balance: Highest and Lowest Voltages, and the Cell-Pair numbers
f. Temperatures: Cabin, Outside, Motor, Inverter, Charger
g. Pedal Position: Accelerator and Brake
h. Pump Status: Cooling (A and B), Heating
i. ... others

Features:
1. Log selected/specified Parms (what to log, and when to log it)
2. Log all CAN messages (not easy to do because the CAN Messages can come so fast).
3. Include Time Stamps in the log (I put a 2-byte ss.mmm on each log message, and inserted a date-time pseudo-message every minute).
4. Use Binary format to keep the file smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back