Leap of faith...Taking delivery of our LEAF SL next week!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 20 miles of driving, that's about 4 hours of charging at 120 VAC. I would set your timer to charge every day to 80% with a stop time of around 5 am (depending on your work time). I have a 8 mile commute and charge to 80% from 1am to 5am Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I try to keep the battery around 5-7 bars, but am not super worried about it.

Reddy

Reddy said:
For 20 miles of driving, that's about 4 hours of charging at 120 VAC. I would set your timer to charge every day to 80% with a stop time of around 5 am (depending on your work time). I have a 8 mile commute and charge to 80% from 1am to 5am Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I try to keep the battery around 5-7 bars, but am not super worried about it.

What's healthier for the batteries 240V or 110V charging? Or does it make any difference (other than charge time)?

julio said:
What's healthier for the batteries 240V or 110V charging? Or does it make any difference (other than charge time)?
Doesn't make a difference, as both are considered to be slow charges by battery standards. The 120 volt charging is less efficient (75% vs. 85% from available data).

i got mine 2 weeks ago and its doing great, i drive it to work everyday, and still have 80 miles to play with after work.
It has a lot of power for a compact car.

Back