learn me some Leaf regen and braking

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tamoora said:
Hey Guys

Quick question, is there a way I can turn "off" regen braking? I am working on an experiment where I need to turn the regen "off" and let the vehicle coast down to stand still.

Thanks
Yes. Just shift into neutral: no power and no regen. (Be aware that braking in neutral also has no regen, you need to shift back to D or Eco for that.)

There are two ways to shift to neutral: 1) hold the shifter knob to the left for two seconds or so and 2) shift into reverse at a speed of more than seven miles per hour (the car will beep and shift into neutral instead). The second method is a bit quicker.

The other way to get no regen temporarily is to be in Eco and watch the power gauge on the console. Find the A pedal position that shows no power or regen and hold it there exactly. It will stay at zero power as long as the pedal position is held there, IME. This is a bit difficult but can be done with practice so long as the road isn't too bumpy.

EVDRIVER said:
But we live in the real world with short stops and for some of us actual steep hills which the poor regen on a LEAF can't even match under any conditions.
Exactly right. I'd like ~50% more regen in Eco for my hills. If I were to coast I would "launch" at the next curve, with unpleasant consequences.

Back