Leaves in the Wild

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far, in general no one has really noticed my LEAF is electric or commented on it, save when I was at a friend's party and everyone had to trek out (in four or five different groups!) to see the car.

However, the one exception was a Prius at a stoplight. The driver looked over, did a double-take, honked, and gave a big grin and a thumbs-up.

My Leaf spotting hit a new personal record of five in one day... I saw two white, two blue, and one red Leaf on Sunday in and around the Del Mar / Carmel Valley area of San Diego on Sunday. As a bonus, I also spotted a Volt for the first time. It was white. 5:1, not a bad Leaf to Volt ratio! :)

Last week, a colleague mentioned "I never saw a Leaf before, and now, suddenly, it seems like they're everywhere!" :mrgreen:

I finally saw my second real wild one about an hour ago - red, at the intersection of Euclid and Trask in Garden Grove. It was sat at the signal heading northbound on Euclid, while I was turning onto eastbound Trask.

I was shopping at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa this weekend, and went to the charging stations. I have a red leaf, and right next to my car was another red leaf.

My 7 year old daughter called them twins :)

Michael Zwibel

When I went to check out the South Coast AQMD in Diamond Bar this weekend (thanks for the tip, JPVLeaf!), I saw about eight in total. All with Puente Hills Nissan dealer plates. The VINs ranged from 22xx to 24xx. Seven of them were in the underground employee parking structure with the stock Panasonic EVSE hooked up to 5-15 outlets, and one was up top in the public solar canopy. No humans were attached :)

I saw a white Leaf. It was in the Claremont, California 4th of July parade! I knew I coulda, woulda, shoulda volunteered my Leaf. This white one didn't have the Zero emissions sticker on the side. Plus I spotted a blue one on July 1 in Claremont. Yea!

My first "wild" sighting today (pre-arranged local meetings and Dealerships don't count, of course) ... Red LEAF at 1pm near REI/Costco near CalExpo in Sacramento taking a left turn out of there ... a couple hundred or so feet in front of me (taking a right). Who was that ? "lisaleaf" ?

I was in South San Jose and stopped at a red light. When I looked back at the rear view mirror, I spotted someone taking a picture of my car when the camera flashed.

I see them most days here in Silicon Valley, but yesterday my wife and I got to a Fourth of July party to see that we were not the first Leaf at the party. Cool! How many years until we outnumber the Priuses?

I got a note on my windshield from "Jane in Santa Monica" while we were parked at the Huntington Library on Sunday. If you're on here then hi, Jane! And in response to your question: yes, I do love it!

mwalsh said:
Devin said:
I got a note on my windshield from "Jane in Santa Monica" while we were parked at the Huntington Library on Sunday. If you're on here then hi, Jane! And in response to your question: yes, I do love it!

Note with phone number? ;)
It was listed as 867-5309. Said something about a good time. ;)

Saw a nice looking black Leaf today parked near work (Fashion Island) this afternoon with the license plate WATTSIN. That license plate is very similar to Boomer's - speaking of which, Boomer and I happened to see each other around lunch time yesterday.

I also ran into a fellow with a red Leaf just like mine a couple weeks ago in the parking lot near work.

And today while driving home, the two cars in front of me were both CNG Civics. 3 White Carpool stickers in a row - pretty cool!

I've not seen one yet in the Portland, Vancouver, area or anywhere except the Leaf tour. Been in Hawaii for a couple weeks and haven't seen one yet. Other people have seen them but not me. I keep looking. I guess I have to wait for mine to arrive. October seems so far away...

I bet you will see more of these lovely cars soon. We have a nissan dealership in chicago Nissan of St Charles IL and probably leaf has been one of the cars that has constantly kept our phone ringing. Its good thing that people are now concerned about the environment and realize the seriousness of global warming.

We sell about 30 - 40 leaf's in a months time. That's approx one car a day.....If anyone of you guys lives in chicago, i am pretty sure that you will keep on seeing more leaf's in the coming months.

Nissan Chicago

I, a member of the forgotten 36, saw one in the wild. Of course, I had to go to LA to find it! It was a nice little glacier pearl with mossy plates (must be brand new...) going south on the 405.

it even got a "not bad" from my SUV-committed coworker I was driving with....

People in my area may get a chance to see a LEAF in the wild shortly when I rent the Hertz LEAF in NYC and drive it to Philadelphia. I've never seen a LEAF in the wild here in Philadelphia. My previous experience with the NYC LEAF is that it looks so much like a normal car that most people just don't notice.

This is a bit off topic, but I saw a Wheego today in Seattle's South Lake Union. It was red. I initially thought that it was Smart car, but it had 100% electric blazoned on the side :)

Back