Leaving Leaf running with A/C on

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomatterwhat

Question?

Say I left a fully charged Leaf running with the A/C on, just sitting in a parking lot. How long would
the car have a charge?

Just curious how efficient the AC is.

Anywhere between 6 hours and 2 years. Completely dependent on the outside conditions. On average, I'd say about 3 days.

mctom987 said:
Anywhere between 6 hours and 2 years. Completely dependent on the outside conditions. On average, I'd say about 3 days.

2 years? Um, no.

Well, let's do that math. Once my car is all cooled down, if it's not super hot, the climate control uses about 500 watts or so. So that's about 44 hours. Of course all night long it may use almost nothing... so add on another 10 hours or so. And if it stretches through another night, that's another 10 hours...

So yeah, it could be three days or more even.

EVDRIVER said:
mctom987 said:

2 years? Um, no.
If your control is set to 60° (lowest setting), and it never reaches 61° outside (like in Alaska), then the A/C will be barely operational, if at all. At that point, the 2 year drain is 90% self-discharge, and 10% fans.

mctom987 said:
EVDRIVER said:
mctom987 said:

2 years? Um, no.
If your control is set to 60° (lowest setting), and it never reaches 61° outside (like in Alaska), then the A/C will be barely operational, if at all. At that point, the 2 year drain is 90% self-discharge, and 10% fans.

With the car on and in park with nothing on at all you won't make it a few days.

Back