List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparky said:
"Most of the dealers I'm aware of will be marking up above MSRP as part of the quote negotiation, you have 24 hours to negotiate/accept/refuse. Once you've done that your, order goes to Nissan to build your car"

This tells me that he is not aware of this forum, or others like it, where many dealers have committed to offer LEAF at MSRP.

sparky said:
I've had three callbacks today from Nissan sales people I left messages with over the last two days.
A couple more tidbits; who knows how accurate:

"When you submit your quote to the dealer, submit it as a lease. They are constrained to Nissan's pricing policy for leases. They'll have to quote you back a retail price as well, and that will be MSRP. You can then accept the retail price instead of the lease (if you want to buy) and avoid any dealer markup."

"Most of the dealers I'm aware of will be marking up above MSRP as part of the quote negotiation, you have 24 hours to negotiate/accept/refuse. Once you've done that your, order goes to Nissan to build your car"

"Nissan will have test drive units to some dealers in SoCal as early as Sept. Also, if you've place an order, you will be given a date to go and do an extended test drive and spend part of the day talking to the 'experts' about the car."

"L3 charging is an option only for SL trim"

...again YMMV
Hi Sparky. Are you down here in San Diego or in Socal somewhere? I'm the Leaf Sales and Leasing Consultant for Pacific Nissan and I would be more than happy to discuss things with you. We won't be charging more than MSRP here.

The senior sales rep at Sunnyvale Nissan told me today that the owner has pledged to sell for MSRP. He also said two mechanics were undergoing training for the Leaf - I think he said next week. Of course, he also said he'd call me this afternoon to confirm when the test drive car would be in and so far, as of 4:45 pm, has not. He said several times, "Things keep changing" or "For now". I'm not sure this dealer has its act together, but I don't know if that's Nissan's fault or the dealer's.

Rat said:
The senior sales rep at Sunnyvale Nissan told me today that the owner has pledged to sell for MSRP. He also said two mechanics were undergoing training for the Leaf - I think he said next week. Of course, he also said he'd call me this afternoon to confirm when the test drive car would be in and so far, as of 4:45 pm, has not. He said several times, "Things keep changing" or "For now". I'm not sure this dealer has its act together, but I don't know if that's Nissan's fault or the dealer's.

Who at Sunnyvale Nissan are you dealing with? I started working with Dublin Nissan and after trying to get information on pricing, he stopped returning my emails. Plus I just checked Dublin's BBB Rating and it's an "F". Think it maybe time to look for a different dealer. I'm in the August group so I probably don't have too much time to decide. Any other Bay Area dealers at MSRP that maybe worth calling? I live in Pleasanton and work in Sunnyvale. Thanks!

I heard from Nissan reps at the "Plug-in 2010 Show" in San Jose: the more Nissan dealers get deposits, the more vehicles they will be allotted for sale. This make me think that those of us in the SF Bay Area should focus on a particular dealer or only on a few dealers to enhance our chances to get a Leaf ASAP in December/January(strength in numbers). Area dealers seem to indicate most will be selling at MSRP anyways.

Ready2plugin said:
Any other Bay Area dealers at MSRP that maybe worth calling?
Boardwalk Nissan, Redwood City B+: MSRP

Serramonte Nissan, Colma F: supposedly MSRP

Daland Nissan, Millbrae A: Received email communication August 2 "Thanks for your interest in purchasing from us, but at this point, we don't even have enough information on the new Leaf to determine what our best pricing can be. I would be happy to get back to you as soon as I can regarding this."

As you can see I am leaning towards Boardwalk Nissan myself at the moment.

gasmiser1 said:
I heard from Nissan reps at the "Plug-in 2010 Show" in San Jose: the more Nissan dealers get deposits, the more vehicles they will be allotted for sale. This make me think that those of us in the SF Bay Area should focus on a particular dealer or only on a few dealers to enhance our chances to get a Leaf ASAP in December/January(strength in numbers). Area dealers seem to indicate most will be selling at MSRP anyways.

I agree with you.
Which SF Bay Area dealer gets most deposits?
If we don't know let's go to the highest BBB rating dealer.

gasmiser1 said:
I heard from Nissan reps at the "Plug-in 2010 Show" in San Jose: the more Nissan dealers get deposits, the more vehicles they will be allotted for sale.

Doesn't make any sense. First, dealers aren't getting deposits. Second, vehicles are allocated to customers, not to dealers.

Did the Nissan rep even know about Leaf reservation/buying process ?

evnow said:
gasmiser1 said:
I heard from Nissan reps at the "Plug-in 2010 Show" in San Jose: the more Nissan dealers get deposits, the more vehicles they will be allotted for sale.

Doesn't make any sense. First, dealers aren't getting deposits. Second, vehicles are allocated to customers, not to dealers.

Did the Nissan rep even know about Leaf reservation/buying process ?

I used the wrong term. By deposits, I meant reservation orders. Yes, Nissan reps explained the process in detail. Sorry for the confusion.

Hoping someone gets the "Summary of Dealers" and rating thread stated soon?

gasmiser1 said:
Hoping someone gets the "Summary of Dealers" and rating thread stated soon?

I'm still waiting for some volunteers.

How about this - someone in each area summarize the dealers in your area and send the list to me.

sure, in the SF bay area.

Sunnyvale Nissan
Stevens Creek Nissan = MSRP

please call dealer directly and maybe talk to general manager to make sure they are selling at MSRP. i know Boardwalk is for sure since they have posted on this forum and i have confirmed with general manager.

Is the LEAF elgible for the VIP program or any other such program that Nissan has? If so any info on that? This should bring the price below MSRP correct?
Tks

csriram45 said:
Is the LEAF elgible for the VIP program or any other such program that Nissan has? If so any info on that? This should bring the price below MSRP correct?
Tks

Assuming what you mean is VPP, Nissan's employee and affiliates purchase program. I cannot recall any vehicle eligibility stipulations, so I would think that LEAF will also be eligible. VPP is a four tiered structure depending upon the affiliation. However, in order to get a price you need a VIN. I doubt any information on this will be available before at least November. A really great program if you qualify, any many do. Nissan has quite a few corporate affiliates.

VIP appears to be a "free oil & filter change, and car wash" program offered at some (at least 2) dealers.

So, apparently not a "Nissan" program, but a "Dealer" program.

Maybe there is a different "VIP" program (maybe VPP mentioned above)?
If you find out more, please let us know.

trentr said:

Sunnyvale Nissan

please call dealer directly and maybe talk to general manager to make sure they are selling at MSRP. i know Boardwalk is for sure since they have posted on this forum and i have confirmed with general manager.

One other thing you should add to the dealers selling at MSRP...make sure they won't include 'add-ons' without asking us first.

leaffan said:
trentr said:

Sunnyvale Nissan

One other thing you should add to the dealers selling at MSRP...make sure they won't include 'add-ons' without asking us first.

That's just as bad as marking it up, and Boardwalk won't be doing that. Plus, $3k wheels would look a little out of place on the Leaf. :lol:

Back