Listen to your Nissan keyfob.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adric22

I made this video a few days ago for my youtube channel, but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it because I used the keyfob for my Chevy Volt and Nissan Leaf in the video around the 2:02 mark. its fascinating to hear what the keyfob actually sounds like. I'm curious as to why the Nissan keyfob transmits on two different frequencies while the GM keyfob just uses one.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbjBHPqfoYg[/youtube]

Thanks for the lead on GQRX, I've been trying to find some good software for my MacBook so I didn't have to keep pulling out my Windows XP laptop. Subscribed and thumbs up! :D

This looks like fun! And a whole lot less money than I thought I'd be spending on a receiver. I think perhaps the "two frequencies" for the Nissan key is really due to the way they modulate the signal.

Interesting... I might have to get one of these dongles.

What's a good, legitimate software defined radio for Windows w/o malware and crapware? Googling for windows software defined radio turns up a lot of hits...

Wow. Great video.
Might be a way to find my lost LEAF key fob.
Doubt it is broadcasting.
Do you know of a cheap USB device that you can transmit a short signal on to active the fob to make it respond so I can find it?

adric22 said:
I'm curious as to why the Nissan keyfob transmits on two different frequencies while the GM keyfob just uses one.
Frequency shift keying? Looks like they are transmitted at the same time though... What's the space between them?

Back