Looking at buying 2013, Battery question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2013 SL i wanted to go look at today that has 28k miles fully loaded. i called the dealer on the vin and it was built april 4, 2013. does this mean it has the old school batteries? Also there asking 10.8k. what do you guys think about the price

Mike9812121298 said:
I have a 2013 SL i wanted to go look at today that has 28k miles fully loaded. i called the dealer on the vin and it was built april 4, 2013. does this mean it has the old school batteries? Also there asking 10.8k. what do you guys think about the price

It should have the newer battery chemistry. If it has 12 bars and isn't about to lose one (you need LeafSpy to tell) the price is ok. If it's more like 11 bars, then it's a little high.

im also looking at a 2014 with 6k miles fully loaded fully loaded. the sticker price was 16k i got them down to 14.3k. its in perfect condition. what do you think about that price

Mike9812121298 said:
im also looking at a 2014 with 6k miles fully loaded fully loaded. the sticker price was 16k i got them down to 14.3k. its in perfect condition. what do you think about that price

I think it would depend on the build month. I don't know what month the switch was made from the late 2013 type pack to the "Lizard" pack (assuming that they really are different) but a late build 2014 is probably worth more than an early one. I assume that by "fully loaded" you mean it has both Premium Package and Charge Package?

yes it has the bose, 4 way camera, quick charge, black ext, black leather, nav. As far as i can tell just about everything you can have on the leaf. plus it has only 6k miles. in the seattle area im seeing alot of the dealers asking 13k for that package with 20k miles.

Mike9812121298 said:
yes it has the bose, 4 way camera, quick charge, black ext, black leather, nav. As far as i can tell just about everything you can have on the leaf. plus it has only 6k miles. in the seattle area im seeing alot of the dealers asking 13k for that package with 20k miles.
Hi Mike,
Get a car Fax to see where the care lived. Or check "home" in the nav".

I got a 13SL about the same sales date. Lived in Vancouver Wa and now have 38,000 miles. 12 bars and 90%SOH.

So if it lived in a cool climate the Battery can still have lots of life.

Enjoy,
Dan

Back