Los Angeles to Lancaster CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvusweetleaf

I highly recommend topping off your charge at the last Nissan dealership (Mission Hills Nissan) off the 405 before you commit to Lancaster.

I made it with 8 miles to spare and was greatful that Lancaster is full of Level 2 Chargers located at any of the Lancaster Unified School District High Schools.

Return trip is much more comfortable since its a 2,400 to 0 drop in elevation. I estimate 80% charge is more than adequate.

RJD

The Kohls off Golden Valley exit (14) has a charger, and places to eat as well. If you are coming from the Pasadena area, the mountain road (2) can be fun. Starting at the base of (2) with a close to full charge, I get to the (14) with plenty of charge to get to Rosamond which is 17 or so miles past Lancaster, doing 60- 65 MPH. Just take it slow on the uphills -35 MPH or so is good.

Oh, and enjoy the GOM range finder if you take the mountain - I broke a new record for myself Sunday on the way back to Tujunga from Rosamond - I left Rosamond with 11 bars. I had two bars and a 7 reading on the GOM as I crested the high spot on the Angeles Forest Highway - 21 miles later I pulled into my driveway with an 8 reading on the GOM, and one bar on the display. First low battery warning came on as I entered the driveway, so I was not at all close to running out - I even left the AC on the whole way.

Back