Lost backup camera image

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbarry42

A week ago, while in reverse, the image from the backup camera nearly disappeared. It was just kind of shadows, but since the image was still evident, that ruled out dumb things like "not really in reverse", etc. I thumped the screen and the image came back. The next time it happened I thumped the screen and no effect, so I whacked the bezel and the image came back. The third time, I couldn't convince it to come back through any persuasion, and then it came back on, on its own while I wasn't touching it. It worked for two days and then went out permanently.

Everything else associated with the screen still works, just no image from the camera. The steering guide lines are present and unaffected.

I pulled the instrument panel, and the nav unit, and poked and prodded the wires, to no avail. I disconnected and reconnected the cables to the nav unit. Reassembled, and nothing has changed.

Seems like a problem at the input or just inside the box, and if it weren't so big and complicated looking, I might dig further in. The dealer would likely replace the entire unit. But...seems I still have a few months left on my warranty. So hey, if that's what they want to do, I willing to let them :)

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Noticed in the evening that the screen was blank, not sure if it was the same when I left work or not. I opened the screen like you would to insert a disk, and moved the ribbon cable a little, and the camera view came back, but very pixelated. Played a bit mor with the cable, and then the image was how it shoul look. This only lasted for a quick minute or two.
, then back to blank. I called the dealer and have an appointment booked for late next week.

No help here, but this is the kind of stuff that when it happens out of warranty can cost... Like OP, I am nearing the end of my 3rd year... I'd head right over and get it documented as a sporadic fault but that's just me...

Back