Made a choice

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recharge

to go electric on both cars in the family :cool: So the first car was a 2013 SV, the second one is a 2015 SL

Of course, we have only 50 miles per day or less to drive for each car, have a network of friends who would lend us their ICE vehicle for whatever emergency need that a Leaf could not handle and have several car rentals within 5 miles for planned long trips.

Other people out there in regions with zero public transport who have made the leap to a 100% electric car fleet for family use?

Yes. It's just me and my daughter though, so one car. I use it to commute 80 miles round trip to work - all other uses like soccer games, grocery shopping, etc, are local.

If I need to take a long trip on occasion I borrow an ICE from my parents, 10 miles away.

Congratulations!

I made the choice to go 90% electric. My Leaf, which handles 50% of my driving, is 100% electric. The CMax Energi handles the other 50%, and it is about 80% electric. I wish I could have gone all-in, but the truth is that if you are borrowing/renting a few times a year, you're still not 100% electric. But at least you never have to worry about the obnoxious maintenance required by a combustion engine!

Good point about trading cars. If you have local family, you can totally get away with being 100%, short-range electric. In that case, I think it's important to go with a loaded SL, if only to make family members want to trade cars with you. :D

Back