March Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picking my car up at Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa tomorrow after work (about 5:30PM). Needless to say that I'm very excited and do not expect to be very productive tomorrow during the work day. ;)

Everything went smoothly at Fontana, but it does take time. Danny was shorter than he "appeared" to me on the Forum! Happy to find very nice, helpful folks there that I would recommend to anyone. Sincere thanks Alex, Danny, and Joanna for a friendly, painless process!

We got home with "Maple" about 8 PM, got her all "snug" (overly) in the garage, and she's slumbering, connected to the "IV", sipping e-juice now.

Lots of details left to discover, but Carwings shows her at 43%.

I sync'd a phone and set the home destination before leaving the dealer, and then used the voice-command system to dial-by-number and "redial" a recently-called number.

I still can't believe there's an EV living here now! The Foggy Dream has been going on for so long, it just does not seem "real". But as Mork said, "Reality, what a Concept!"

Cheers all, there are more LEAFs arriving at dealers every day, ...
LEAFs lightly littering the landscape at litterally lots of logical locations lately. :D
(Oh well, it's been a long day.)

JPVLeaf said:
garygid said:
Week of 7 April, steady for about the last two weeks.
Congrats, Gary. Does someone owe you pizza?! ;)

Mine has been stuck on 'wo 4/22/11' for 10 days now. I'm hoping that's a good sign (sigh). :|

Hey, you're right, JPV. EVDRIVER owes Gary a pizza. He's been pretty quiet lately. Musta gotten wind that Gary was buying his LEAF! :lol:

LBCev said:
Picking my car up at Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa tomorrow after work (about 5:30PM). Needless to say that I'm very excited and do not expect to be very productive tomorrow during the work day. ;)

Hey LBCev, I'll be there right before you. I'm going in at noon. I'll try not to wear them out for you, you deserve chipper salespeople too. :lol:

Boomer23 said:
JPVLeaf said:
garygid said:
Week of 7 April, steady for about the last two weeks.
Congrats, Gary. Does someone owe you pizza?! ;)

Mine has been stuck on 'wo 4/22/11' for 10 days now. I'm hoping that's a good sign (sigh). :|

Hey, you're right, JPV. EVDRIVER owes Gary a pizza. He's been pretty quiet lately. Musta gotten wind that Gary was buying his LEAF! :lol:
<giggle> ...oops...nobody heard that, right? :shock:

Congrats Gary and Boomer! May your new arrivals serve you well for a very, very long time!

I too got the call yesterday that I can pick up my car today after 3pm. I was in the area so I was able to stop in and say hello to my little friend. Sort of dirty and still wrapped in plastic. Can't wait to see it all polished up.

20110329-061847.jpg

20110329-061906.jpg

garygid said:
Everything went smoothly at Fontana, but it does take time. Danny was shorter than he "appeared" to me on the Forum! Happy to find very nice, helpful folks there that I would recommend to anyone. Sincere thanks Alex, Danny, and Joanna for a friendly, painless process!

Gary, congratulations on your new shining baby!! I would like to thank you too for being so helpful and sharing information with us on this forum.

I am now more excited and looking forward to my delivery in May (hopefully not a Maybe).

greenleaf said:
Just received email from Brendan. My Leaf has arrived at Broadwalk Nissan. Maybe I can still squeeze into March!

Great !!! I am happy for you but at the same time frustrated. Brendan has no clue when my car would arrive as port wont give any info. Annoying and frustrating as hell..

Boomer23 said:
LBCev said:

Hey LBCev, I'll be there right before you. I'm going in at noon. I'll try not to wear them out for you, you deserve chipper salespeople too. :lol:

Thanks Boomer! Please keep them happy for me. If you're leasing too, we should compare notes! ;)

csriram45 said:
greenleaf said:
Just received email from Brendan. My Leaf has arrived at Broadwalk Nissan. Maybe I can still squeeze into March!

Great !!! I am happy for you but at the same time frustrated. Brendan has no clue when my car would arrive as port wont give any info. Annoying and frustrating as hell..
I think Brendan does not have a lot of extra visibility. I emailed him yesterday and he replied that it was scheduled for 4/8. But somehow, the Leaf arrived at his dealership today.

BTW, near to midnight last night, my dashboard changed from 4/8 to 4/1.

greenleaf said:

Congrats! Enjoy your new LEAF. Are you with EVProject? I'm hoping to get mine mid next month.

greenleaf said:
csriram45 said:
greenleaf said:

I think Brendan does not have a lot of extra visibility. I emailed him yesterday and he replied that it was scheduled for 4/8. But somehow, the Leaf arrived at his dealership today.

BTW, near to midnight last night, my dashboard changed from 4/8 to 4/1.

greenleaf -- I do not see you in the VIN spreadsheet. Are you willing to share your #? It looks like mine might have been on the same truck - arrived today. :D :D

trentr said:
greenleaf said:

Congrats! Enjoy your new LEAF. Are you with EVProject? I'm hoping to get mine mid next month.
I received email from EV Project to welcome me. I supposed I'm in.

But my install may require a service upgrade since my sub-panel is only 100A. I read that the city has some rules requiring that the sub-panel be more than 100A. Anyway, I am not very clear with the process and I will just wait for updates from the EVProject.

My original plan was to just use L1 for a while until EVSE drops to $300 range. Than I will just run a new circuit from a 240/20A breaker to a 240/16A EVSE -- for the cost of the EVSE, the 240V outlet and my own labor (DIY). I already have spare 12/2 NM cables lying around.

To Long4Leaf: my VIN is 910.

It's looking like my delivery will be in the first week of April, but glad to know I'm only one VIN# away from greenleaf.

When we go to user meets we can line up in VIN order :) I will be picking up my #909 in the (909) (Fontana Nissan).

Brendan just gave me an update and its the "eco design package" that is delaying my delivery. If I decide not to get the package my car would be delivered right away. Is that package really worth it? I have heard that the package is actually not great. Can someone please give more inputs?

Funny enough port refuses to add my "splash guards" but would delay my order for "eco design package". So typical of the nonsense.

I am tempted to go without the "eco design package". Would appreciate inputs.

ok so I can just get the kick plates alone? and If port refuses to install it I can get it from eBay and get it installed? what about the center console applique? Is that good looking or makes it look less nice?

Back