May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GroundLoop said:
I usually do the down-payment with a Credit Card, but apparently Mossy Nissan policy has changed since 2008.

They no longer accept credit cards for downpayment, in any amount. Bring your checkbook or a case of cash.

Ahmood at Mossy Poway took our American Express card.

TonyWilliams said:
GroundLoop said:
I usually do the down-payment with a Credit Card, but apparently Mossy Nissan policy has changed since 2008.

They no longer accept credit cards for downpayment, in any amount. Bring your checkbook or a case of cash.

Oceanside took mine. I was told they had a max of 3K you could charge. Love that Amex rebate check!

I got word yesterday that my Leaf is at the dealership and is being prepped now. I should be able to pick it up on Tuesday.

I asked for an "extended test drive" so I can make sure my long daily commute is going to be doable - I go about 60-70 miles per day on average, and it's mostly highway or ~50mph driving unless there's traffic.

Now I'm really upset. :( Been getting increasingly anxious each day as my "week of May 30" delivery date comes nearer. Last night, I saw my first ever Leaf in the wild - and it was ON MY STREET! Unbelievable! I won't even be the first on my block. :evil:

Actually, could it have been a visitor? OK - reveal yourself. Who was parked on Kingsland last night? Are you teasing me?

TonyWilliams said:
Huh! That's bizarre. The woman (Jaffe?) in Mossy Poway Finance flat-out refused and said the Mossy policy is No Credit Cards.
When I mentioned that Mossy Toyota certainly does, she said someone probably made a mistake. Bah.

I too enjoy my Amex Cash rebate. $2000 is $25, so hell yeah.

The moral is: Ask if Ahmood is available! :)

rhover said:
Haven't received any warning emails from Nissan or dealer, but got a call out of the blue the afternoon of May 4 from Mossy Nissan that our Leaf had arrived...I did not see Leon Kamins at all, the person who I had gotten the agreed-on price from, and it seems Mossy is training new salespeople so we got Carlos on his first Leaf sale.
...We did a 36 month lease and thanks to the forum, we had information on the money factor. They tried to give us a MF of 0.00382 or something, but I had a listing of various MF tiers and had circled the Tier 0: 0.00204 rate which I printed out from a forum post. They told me that rates had changed, but that they would give me that rate. (Wish all my arguments went over that easily!) Will be donating to the forum today in appreciation - thanks for all your help!!

Now just waiting for EVSE inspection so we can use Level 2 charging. Enjoying the ride!
Mossy tried to pull a switch on your lease rate? Did you have a lease payment in your quote? I'm not happy to hear this. I guess I better have all the relevant info ready, too...Assuming I EVER get the danged car!

davewill said:
but I had a listing of various MF tiers and had circled the Tier 0: 0.00204 rate which I printed out from a forum post.

Can you point me to the post that contains that information. I wanna get ready for when mine finally gets here in hopefully 2 weeks.

Thanks

scharlj said:
rhover said:
but I had a listing of various MF tiers and had circled the Tier 0: 0.00204 rate which I printed out from a forum post.
Can you point me to the post that contains that information. I wanna get ready for when mine finally gets here in hopefully 2 weeks.
Thanks
Ahhh.... this looks close to the root thread / post: Nissan has released Lease info on Leaf

Found it by searching for
699 0.00204
And then looking through the results.

(Edit: corrected quote source to rhover from davewill per davewill's post.)

You guys have that quote misattributed. Rhover is the guy who questioned his rate. I'm just a poor schmuck that is still waiting for his car.

Finally after over a year, some tangible progress!

Got a call from the Service Manager at Boardwalk Nissan to let me know that he had just unloaded my Leaf along with 21 other Leafs. I guess I will pick it up tomorrow or Wednesday! Thanks Rick!

Now if I could just get to the front of the Queue with the EV project for my Blink charger.

Now, if you know anyone that would be interested in a cherry 2007 Civic Hybrid please send them my way! The Leaf will be replacing the Hybrid!

Here is a link to info on the Civic

civicfront.jpg

OrientExpress said:
Order Placed: 10/05/10
Order Confirmed: 4/11/2011
Vehicle Manufactured: 3/28/2011
VIN: 2331
Delivery scheduled May 10~11 2011, Finally!
Interesting... I ordered a couple weeks after you back in October (also through Boardwalk), and got a VIN assigned of 1554 last month, but I'm still waiting for my car to show up. It sounds like Boardwalk has been getting (and delivering) several cars in the past week.

I wonder if Nissan is trying to push them out in "proper" (reservation and/or order date) order, as opposed to VIN order. That's about the only explanation I can think of which would hold up an older car sitting down in Long Beach from being delivered.

I'm fine with that, if that's the reason, but it still seems bizarre. Could they really have put a hold on delivering any more "out of order" cars, and forced everyone to wait for more cars to arrive just so they could be delivered closer to "in order"? Just a guess, but I'm not sure we'll ever really know.

LEAFfan said:
sdbmania said:
I think this month is going to see a lot more cars delivered than even April.

Hmm...could it be because 1500 of 'em came into LB at the end of Mar.?

Bingo!

I'm looking forward to the day when the LEAF is made here in the USA. I want to see LEAFs driving all over the place!

OrientExpress said:

Got a call from the Service Manager at Boardwalk Nissan to let me know that he had just unloaded my Leaf along with 21 other Leafs. I guess I will pick it up tomorrow or Wednesday! Thanks Rick!

Now if I could just get to the front of the Queue with the EV project for my Blink charger.

Now, if you know anyone that would be interested in a cherry 2007 Civic Hybrid please send them my way! The Leaf will be replacing the Hybrid!

Here is a link to info on the Civic

civicfront.jpg

I saw your car myself today Gary, with my huge "NO FRONT PLATE" sheet in the window. :lol: They' should be calling you tomorrow once it clears PDI!

Rick's a great guy by the way. He's as excited as I am every time the drive fills up full of LEAF's. :mrgreen:

I've been pushed to May 23 from the initial announcement of April 25. When I called today I was given an interesting story by CS - the cars are covered in a thick and baked on pollen (!) which must be carefully removed. THIS is the reason it's taken so long. (oh, so all the prior explanations were bunko?). As I pushed on the CS rep, he forwarded me to a supervisor. Now, a new story. The cars are removed from the ship(s) and placed in the lot at port. There is no attention to placement regardless of VIN, reserve/order dates. It's simply where they were on the ship. For this reason, someone with a VIN of 1881 received their car in Houston prior to mine with a much lower VIN #. He then assured me that mine was ready to ship - just waiting for a truck/train to send it my way. So, I asked him about the pollen. Oops! Who told me that...he wanted to know. And anyhow, MY car was not affected. Nissan would be notifying the future owners of THOSE vehicles, but I'm not one. WOW. He was pretty unhappy about my asking, and his tone suggested this was a sticky wicket - literally.

OrientExpress said:
I wonder if Nissan is trying to push them out in "proper" (reservation and/or order date) order, as opposed to VIN order. That's about the only explanation I can think of which would hold up an older car sitting down in Long Beach from being delivered.
Here's your answer:
sdbmania said:
Grats OrientExpress!

I'm getting my car tomarrow!

sdbmania ordered on 1/25/11

LALeaf said:
OrientExpress said:
Here's your answer:
sdbmania said:
Grats OrientExpress!

I'm getting my car tomarrow!

sdbmania ordered on 1/25/11

Agreed. I'm not sure there is any order to this random ciaos.

BrendanDolan said:
I saw your car myself today Gary, with my huge "NO FRONT PLATE" sheet in the window. :lol: They' should be calling you tomorrow once it clears PDI!

Rick's a great guy by the way. He's as excited as I am every time the drive fills up full of LEAF's. :mrgreen:

Thanks Brendon for being on top of my request! Hope to see you soon!

Back