May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two minutes ago (2:36 pm PDT 4/4) I got this email from Nissan:

[Name], like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last few weeks. As a result of those events, you might have noticed the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."

Since some of our plants are resuming production again, we are in the process of scheduling your order. As soon as revised estimated delivery timing becomes available, we will refresh your "my account" page.

We will make sure we continue to update you regularly regarding delivery of your Nissan LEAF™.

Thank you for your continued support.

The odd thing is, my dashboard still says "Month of May 2011." Still, it may be only a matter of minutes or hours before that changes to Pending. And of course we still don't know if that means the car is among the 1500 that have landed. I never got the email others got saying the earthquake has delayed things. This message is a bit vague as to whether there was any actual delay or whether my car has been in then out of production yet as I was told by NNA some time before the quake.

Rat said:
The odd thing is, my dashboard still says "Month of May 2011." Still, it may be only a matter of minutes or hours before that changes to Pending. And of course we still don't know if that means the car is among the 1500 that have landed. I never got the email others got saying the earthquake has delayed things. This message is a bit vague as to whether there was any actual delay or whether my car has been in then out of production yet as I was told by NNA some time before the quake.

I just came here to ask the exact same question. I got the same email, but my dashboard also still says "Month of May." Makes no sense.

Rat said:

[Name], like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last few weeks. As a result of those events, you might have noticed the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."

Since some of our plants are resuming production again, we are in the process of scheduling your order. As soon as revised estimated delivery timing becomes available, we will refresh your "my account" page.

We will make sure we continue to update you regularly regarding delivery of your Nissan LEAF™.

Thank you for your continued support.

Same email, same status. Here I was thinking no communication from Nissan was a bad thing. I hope it's just a general mass email to curb the number of calls to the call center.

Rat said:

The odd thing is, my dashboard still says "Month of May 2011."

Got the same thing at 2:37. I guess you're ahead of me! ;)

Also received email, but no dashboard change :? A bit confusing as usual. So am I pending or not?

Res. 4/20/10
Ord. 10/30/10
Del. May(be)

Same e-mail here, and I am still Month of May, Never been pending. At least Nissan is communicating w/us. rec'd @2:41pm

This mass email is just beyond ridiculous.
This is their idea of communication with us? A blanket email that may or may not apply?

I received the same email about 10 minutes ago (4:40 p.m. Central DS time). Also signed in and checked my DB which still reflects a May delivery. Looks like several of us who ordered in the 4th Quarter of 2010 are in the same boat. I am reading into it that we may not be one of the 1500 new arrivals in Long Beach, CA. I hope my assumption is wrong and the May delivery does materialize.

SL-etec, glacier pearl, QC and mats, reserved on 5/10/10, ordered 12/13/10

Actually, I hope this is the precursor to them "fixing" the lost Sept/Oct orders (which I am a part of).

Leggedo said:
I received the same email about 10 minutes ago (4:40 p.m. Central DS time). Also signed in and check my DB which still reflects a May delivery. Looks like several of us who ordered in the 4th Quarter of 2010 are in the same boat.

+1 (but at least CS via a subsequent "chat" ackowledged to me that it was indeed a mass e-mail that may or not apply)

Maybe this is Nissans way of putting the orders back in sequence. If all undelivered go to pending then they can restart delivering in date reserved/order sequence, like it should be.

Back