May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LALeaf said:
With your change to 5/30 did you also get a VIN? or did you have a VIN before?
I got my vin today (in my updated signature) when I went to register on carwings. However, that didn't go as smoothly. Apparently, my VIN and the communications system for the car weren't registered properly at the factory. I called Nissan CS and they were very helpful. They explained what happened, are going to get it corrected today and call me back.

So this confirms that Nissan continues to assign VINs to Jan/Feb orders ahead of all the Sept.-Dec. orders. Further, that Nissan's claim that they fixed the earlier misallocation problem is not true, it just continues to occur.

I strongly suggest all Sept-Dec orders that do not have a VIN yet call Nissan CS immediately get a supervisor and complain about this continuing crap.

I had delivery orginally for mid April then April 28th now May 4th
This am I was told by CS my leaf left the port yesterday or this am, headed to Nashville Tennessee

Last night my delivery date moved from "the week of May 12th" to "the week of May 10th". Hopefully this slide will continue so we can meet in the middle at "the week of May 5th".

OrientExpress said:
Last night my delivery date moved from "the week of May 12th" to "the week of May 10th". Hopefully this slide will continue so we can meet in the middle at "the week of May 5th".
Great News! I'm a day or two behind you so mine may jump as well. Time to dust off that savings account passbook and get ready to make a trip to the bank (as my PD wants the check to clear before they release the car). Or, I could be like earther and take a wad of bills :lol:

LALeaf said:
Really, you both are mad? JimK you have a 11/29/10 order date and Stoaty you have a 1/26/11 order date and you both have VINs and know your cars are in the port of Long Beach. Do you know how many Sept, Oct, Nov and for Stoaty Dec and some Jan orders you skipped over? Most of the people you got ahead of have to wait until July to get their cars, and for those in California will most likely miss out on the $5000 to people who ordered well after them. Listening to someone so lucky complain about their situation is a bit much.

Angry… No. Anxious… Yes. You can’t obsess over people’s dates without knowing the details behind them. In my case I reserved the car early AM 4-20-2010. Multiple Dashboard/order system problems lead to my order date being skipped from Sept./Oct. until I finely got a hold of a CS rep on Nov. 29 that let me order the car over the phone. May(be) the delay was a good thing for me in that I didn’t get put into the unfortunate “Sept./Oct. skipped” group. :D :D :D

also having trouble activating carwings... called nissan CS on friday, they deleted the car from the owners portal and then could not re-add it. i had to re-add it... and still carwings won't activate.

guess i'll have to call them again.

JimK said:
LALeaf said:
Really, you both are mad? JimK you have a 11/29/10 order date and Stoaty you have a 1/26/11 order date and you both have VINs and know your cars are in the port of Long Beach. Do you know how many Sept, Oct, Nov and for Stoaty Dec and some Jan orders you skipped over? Most of the people you got ahead of have to wait until July to get their cars, and for those in California will most likely miss out on the $5000 to people who ordered well after them. Listening to someone so lucky complain about their situation is a bit much.

Angry… No. Anxious… Yes. You can’t obsess over people’s dates without knowing the details behind them. In my case I reserved the car early AM 4-20-2010. Multiple Dashboard/order system problems lead to my order date being skipped from Sept./Oct. until I finely got a hold of a CS rep on Nov. 29 that let me order the car over the phone. May(be) the delay was a good thing for me in that I didn’t get put into the unfortunate “Sept./Oct. skipped” group. :D :D :D
Almost every Sept-Nov order was also reserved on April 20th (as I did). Also, many of us were delayed in ordering by either by a Nissan or a Ecotality screw-up, so you aren't really special, except for some reason you are getting your car delivered well before many others who ordered before you. Lucky you. Complain if you wish, but I'm just sick of hearing it.

LALeaf said:
JimK said:
LALeaf said:

Almost every Sept-Nov order was also reserved on April 20th (as I did). Also, many of us were delayed in ordering either by a Nissan or an Ecotality screw-up, so you aren't really special, except for some reason you are getting your car delivered well before many others who ordered before you. Lucky you. Complain if you wish, but I'm just sick of hearing it.

+1 :roll:

BlueSL said:
After being put in front of thousands of earlier orders and castigating others for their frustration, you are "throwing in the towel?
I think you misinterpreted that remark. I understood him to be saying he was giving up on the idea of an April delivery, and joining the May(bees).

I just checked again tonight and now it has changed to 'week of May 26th'. Now, I'm pissed! They arrived in LB in March! How in the hell can it take TWO months to get this damn car delivered and OVER 8 months since I ordered?

BlueSL said:
After being put in front of thousands of earlier orders and castigating others for their frustration, you are "throwing in the towel?"
Take it easy. "Throwing in the towel" means I realize I am not going to get my Leaf in April. There is no emotion attached to that statement. I am not upset or frustrated about leaving the April thread and joining the May thread. If necessary I will join the June thread or the July thread. Just passing the time on MNL. I stand by what I said--it's just a car.

LEAFfan
Like u, I,m one of the skipped over sept/Oct folks. I,ve heard every excuse from CS imaginable and believe them all lies. My Vin is 1873.
I,m actually not convinced that our set of cars (vins in the 1700-1900) have actually been at the port for as long as we were being told. It,s now my contention that when they realized their mistake, they assigned us vins from cars not at port. As we know, a ship came in a few days ago, so let,s hope ours is with that batch and fast tracked out of port ASAP. I,m stll on week of 4/22, but we all know the DB is a load of bs!

boyodublin said:
LEAFfan
Like u, I,m one of the skipped over sept/Oct folks. I,ve heard every excuse from CS imaginable and believe them all lies. My Vin is 1873.
I,m actually not convinced that our set of cars (vins in the 1700-1900) have actually been at the port for as long as we were being told. It,s now my contention that when they realized their mistake, they assigned us vins from cars not at port. As we know, a ship came in a few days ago, so let,s hope ours is with that batch and fast tracked out of port ASAP. I,m stll on week of 4/22, but we all know the DB is a load of bs!
I'm not so sure. If the assigned us new (unbuilt) cars, then what happened to the 1,500 at port? We know they haven't been delivered.

Moreover, the "was built on date" shows on the dealer dash, and that has been consistently Late-Feb/Early-March for these 'stalled cars'.

I think there's some lengthy process they're subjecting them to before loading on the trucks, OR there is a shortage of transport. (Which hardly seems likely given the overall scale they operate on.)

If they're evacuating the A/C refrigerant and refilling each car and loading new software, that might explain it. Figure a hundred cars a week, and it sounds about right for a port operation not set up to do that in volume.

I'm going to officially join this May thread because it's May first and I don't have my car yet.

My dash still says April 14, but something tells me I'm not getting an April Delivery!

It should be any day now, but I wish the could give me a new estimate.

sdbmania said:
I'm going to officially join this May thread because it's May first and I don't have my car yet.My dash still says April 14, but something tells me I'm not getting an April Delivery!It should be any day now, but I wish the could give me a new estimate.

Judas Priest! Stop complaining.

I hope that everyone who is pouring so much energy and emotion into expressing their frustrations over Nissan's delivery process will apply that same energy to sharing their experiences with the LEAF once they finally take delivery. Or, if not, channel that energy into getting their families and friends excited about the LEAF or other EV's. I've done my share of complaining and have ridden the emotional roller coaster like everyone else. But I'm preparing myself to move on from it and focus on the greater cause that most all of us early adopters support.

Back