May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, having tons of fun...waiting. I am one of those Aprils hold outs as well. My car's been ready to ship since 4/19

Just ducky! But at least the Blink install guys are in the backyard working away this morning...Called CS. They're saying this Thursday May 4 delivery. Of course, I go out of town for a week May 5! You just have to laugh... :lol:

Hello all. First time poster, long time lurker. I got the bump to May 12th from May 6th. I contacted CS and was told that my car was completed and waiting to be shipped to the dealer. I asked why it would take so long since my dealer (Fontana Nissan) was in the area. I was told that there is a "bottleneck" issue. I reserved my Leaf on 4/20/10 and ordered on 9/29/10. I (like many on the board) am anxious to get my EV. For me, the major disappointment would be to miss out on this round of California rebates.

On another note, about three weeks ago, I accidently walked in to Cerritos Nissan to see if a Leaf was on the grounds. I was next door test driving a Volt. I was introduced to John Beard, Cerrito Nissans Leaf contact. Even though we purchased from another dealer, John took the time to answer questions and most importantly, helped me answer my wife's concerns regarding range and a charging infrastructure. John is a good man and very passionate about the EV movement. Just an FYI.....

Well, even though I've been bumped to May 20, my salesman told me that all of the Leafs that have come to his dealership so far have arrived 1 to 2 weeks earlier than the dashboard date suggested. So that gives me hope that mine may be here in the next week or two.

adric22 said:
Well, even though I've been bumped to May 20, my salesman told me that all of the Leafs that have come to his dealership so far have arrived 1 to 2 weeks earlier than the dashboard date suggested. So that gives me hope that mine may be here in the next week or two.
Earlier? Tomorrow I am two weeks past.

I received a "week of May 30" on 4/30, VIN 3316. Before that, it's always been steady at "Month of May" since I ordered Feb 23rd. Currently still a lucky (something).

Damn you crazy dashboard! Week of May 12th my ass.
The eagle has landed! :eek:
Scheduled a pickup tonight at 8PM PST.

Well....we finally had our number called...pickup of LEAF from Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa tomorrow evening Tuesday May 3. Unbelievable. I am in shock. And Blink installed today. Everything converged to this one point in time. Very happy! :mrgreen:

I was scheduled for a 'week of April 25' delivery, then mid week moved to 'week of May 11', and yesterday again moved to 'week of May 18.'

Nissan tells me the car has been here since mid-April, and that they don't assign the VIN until it's in port. Is that really true?

I keep asking what's causing the delay. First Nissan said it was the computer recalibration (to respond to the issues in Seattle with rapidly falling mileage projections). Next I was told the floor mats hadn't arrived (really??? floor mats). Now they're just not talking.

Any thoughts?

elbowelbein said:
I was scheduled for a 'week of April 25' delivery, then mid week moved to 'week of May 11', and yesterday again moved to 'week of May 18.'

Nissan tells me the car has been here since mid-April, and that they don't assign the VIN until it's in port. Is that really true?

I keep asking what's causing the delay. First Nissan said it was the computer recalibration (to respond to the issues in Seattle with rapidly falling mileage projections). Next I was told the floor mats hadn't arrived (really??? floor mats). Now they're just not talking.

Any thoughts?
What day did you reserve? What day did you order?

Kataphn said:
Well....we finally had our number called...pickup of LEAF from Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa tomorrow evening Tuesday May 3. Unbelievable. I am in shock. And Blink installed today. Everything converged to this one point in time. Very happy! :mrgreen:

Kat, soooooo happy for you guys!!

Kataphn said:
Congratulations, Kat. :p

What day did I order/reserve? May 20, 2010 according to the Nissan site. Anyhow, would that change the facts of where the car is and the reason for the delays?

elbowelbein said:

I'm somewhat certain that my VIN was assigned when the car was loaded in Japan.

I bought my car this evening at Mossy Nissan in Poway, California. Pick it up in the morning.

TonyWilliams said:
I'm somewhat certain that my VIN was assigned when the car was loaded in Japan.
I bought my car this evening at Mossy Nissan in Poway, California. Pick it up in the morning.
Congrats! I'm thrilled because your progression of events and dates closely matches mine.

No call yet. And Nissan CS is still doling out the BS -- today it was "your car is waiting for accessories".
Since mid-March.

Until Leon tells me what's what, I'm not believing any of it.

Kataphn said:

Woo Hoo, Kat. So happy for you, FINALLY!

Back