May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Driving by Northbay Nissan, they had a 1 silver and 1 blue LEAF waiting for their owners to claim them. Me...still waiting(stuck on w/o May 9th for the past 2 weeks.)

OrientExpress said:
FYI: I was over at Boardwalk today and there were 15 or so Leafs there waiting PDI and delivery. The Service Director said they were expecting another truck load tomorrow.

did you glance at the VIN's? They usually put the VIN and customer name on the dash.

nader said:
OrientExpress said:
FYI: I was over at Boardwalk today and there were 15 or so Leafs there waiting PDI and delivery. The Service Director said they were expecting another truck load tomorrow.

did you glance at the VIN's? They usually put the VIN and customer name on the dash.

Yes I did, but I was just looking for mine. All of the cars had the customer names on them.

nader said:
OrientExpress said:
Take your digital camera with you. I think the VINS have to be visible through the driver's side windshield in the lower corner by law. Take a good LED flashlight to illuminate the VIN with the flashlight at a low angle to the VIN Plate so the embossed VIN numbers stand out. An on camera flash will usually just reflect back into the camera and won't highlight the VIN number, leaving you with a picture of a supernova and no VIN. Then supress all but the last 4 digits of the VIN to respect privacy.

Not necessary at Boardwalk They have a piece of paper clearly visible on the dash with last 4 of VIN, cusomer name and phone number. You can assess in under a minute. Last Friday the highest VIN is saw was ~1750. I also recall seeing a car being sold to SAP.

Picked up my leaf yesterday afternoon. Drives great and the timed charger worked last night light a charm. In driving, I really notice a huge hit in expected miles when I "see what the car can do". It will be fun experimenting. Happy to finally have the car!!!!

P.S. Today got my expect your Leaf soon email from Nissan. This is the first email I have receive since my tsunami email.

nader said:
Not necessary at Boardwalk They have a piece of paper clearly visible on the dash with last 4 of VIN, cusomer name and phone number. You can assess in under a minute. Last Friday the highest VIN is saw was ~1750. I also recall seeing a car being sold to SAP.

So I'm not the only Lurker? :mrgreen:

This is from my fortune cookie, no joke: "Something on 4 wheels will soon be a fun investment for you!"

Most accurate fortune ever.

Turbo3 said:
BnBinSD, I got that same email at 6:30 AM and then two hours later got this "Expected delivery" email.

James, the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer soon. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer.

This seems to be the 7-Day email but with no mention of 7-Days. My date is still May 12.
+1 in every respect though I ordered my LEAF a day later than you (and I'm at Stevens Creek).

I called CS this morning and Laura told me that 1) my car did not need the AC fix because it left the factory with the new software, 2) it is not on hold in the port for any reason, 3) it has been wholesaled to the dealer (which I take to mean invoiced), and 4) it is scheduled to ship out of port on Monday. Interestingly, she put me on hold for about 2 minutes before revealing each one of these bits of information. I wonder if she was asking a supervisor whether she would be allowed to release that info--typically, if they are searching in their workstation, they won't put you on hold.

I'm not sure what to believe and it was my PD LEAF guy's day off. I went and got a cashier's check today in preparation. I plan leave work early tomorrow to go by the dealer and do the paperwork because, in Nissan's world, even a cashier's check has to clear before they release the car.

Maybe just might turn into Really.

sdbmania said:
After over a month at being at April 14th, this morning I find that my date has changed to May 12th.
Maybe this is good. A couple weeks ago I figured I really had a May date, but it didn't update to just now.

+1 as of tonight! Woo hoo! I'm not sure what I'm excited about but out there somewhere, a Nissan process has been triggered just for me!

With my keys in-hand now, I can say that the last roll of updates came fast..
I went from May 6 to May 12 where it sat for a month or so.

Then today, 5/5, I got three email messages from Nissan:
6:33 AM: , congratulations on being one of the first to own a Nissan LEAF™! To continue this historical journey, make sure you visit the Nissan Owners' Portal
8:33 AM: the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer soon
10:03 AM: , the estimated delivery date for your Nissan LEAF™ has been updated (5/9)

At 9:45, Mossy Poway called to say it was off the truck and getting prepped.

So there you have it. It seems they are running behind on invoicing as well, which is probably what these event triggers are associated with.

OrientExpress said:
FYI: I was over at Boardwalk today and there were 15 or so Leafs there waiting PDI and delivery.
With near disbelief, I can say one of them is mine. When I got home from work last night there was a messaging saying my car was ready. 'Week of 5/05' turned into 'Day of 5/05'. I got home too late to schedule an appointment but I'm hoping to pick it up this evening.

GroundLoop said:
With my keys in-hand now, I can say that the last roll of updates came fast..
I went from May 6 to May 12 where it sat for a month or so.

Then today, 5/5, I got three email messages from Nissan:
6:33 AM: , congratulations on being one of the first to own a Nissan LEAF™! To continue this historical journey, make sure you visit the Nissan Owners' Portal
8:33 AM: the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer soon
10:03 AM: , the estimated delivery date for your Nissan LEAF™ has been updated (5/9)

At 9:45, Mossy Poway called to say it was off the truck and getting prepped.

So there you have it. It seems they are running behind on invoicing as well, which is probably what these event triggers are associated with.

High hopes! My date changed to week of May 9 when I checked this morning. Given the recent updates, it looks like my delivery may be immanent.

{Edit] Also got the email stating that my day of delivery has been updated. I haven't received that for any of the other numerous data changes that have occurred.

Glad to hear there's a rush of deliveries in No and So California! However, many of us waiting for cars in Portland and Seattle are still waiting for a train....... there's no word still as to why so few trains are leaving. I've been told my car has an estimated shipment date of May 9. I have heard from my PD that a truck of 10 Leafs stopped at his dealership (Campbell-Nelson) last week and he took delivery of 1, the 9 others were going elsewhere. This means a train made it out of LA 2 weeks ago, which is strange considering my car was ready then and didn't make it in.

I suspect a train is leaving soon, so we all expect a bit of increased deliveries in the coming weeks. Still though not many May deliveries overall in Portland and Seattle since it takes 2 weeks to get there, meaning the train leaving Monday won't get there until May 23.... that's very late in May. Looks like maybe only three trains would make it out of LA in May for deliveries in May to Portland/Seattle.....sounds like "trickle" delivery to me, but I am not sure how many were coming per month in previous months.

OrientExpress said:
nader said:

So I'm not the only Lurker? :mrgreen:

Haha. I live in Fresno so you better believe that any time I am in the bay area I'll be stopping by.

uspearls said:
sdbmania said:
After over a month at being at April 14th, this morning I find that my date has changed to May 12th.
Maybe this is good. A couple weeks ago I figured I really had a May date, but it didn't update to just now.

+1 as of tonight! Woo hoo! I'm not sure what I'm excited about but out there somewhere, a Nissan process has been triggered just for me!

Now I'm May 13th! I'm happy, because it seems like things are moving again. I just got the Nissan e-mail titled "expected delivery." It was the one that said my reservation fee will be refuned when I get the car. So, I'm pretty confident that the new DB estimate is accurate.

sdbmania said:
Now I'm May 13th! I'm happy, because it seems like things are moving again. I just got the Nissan e-mail titled "expected delivery." It was the one that said my reservation fee will be refuned when I get the car. So, I'm pretty confident that the new DB estimate is accurate.

I got the same letter, and as of today, my date has moved 3 times. The only consolation is that all of the moves have been between today and the 12th. So we will see what happens next week.

Haven't received any warning emails from Nissan or dealer, but got a call out of the blue the afternoon of May 4 from Mossy Nissan that our Leaf had arrived - couldn't get it that evening, so I scheduled to pick up at 5:30pm the next day. I happened to check the My Nissan account online on May 5 before heading out, and for some reason, delivery date had been changed from 4/17 to 5/9! I called Mossy to make sure I hadn't misunderstood, and they confirmed that the car was ready for pickup.

When we got there, we didn't see our red one, but there were 2 blues, 1 black, and a silver on the lot. I did not see Leon Kamins at all, the person who I had gotten the agreed-on price from, and it seems Mossy is training new salespeople so we got Carlos on his first Leaf sale. What we had hoped would be a 2 hour transaction turned into a long evening, though it was partly due to their finance dept being short-handed so we had to wait for another couple to finish their car purchase (not a Leaf) before we could sign some of the paperwork. I asked a couple of people about the Leaf software update, but no one had any idea of what I was talking about. Took us 3.5 hrs to complete this transaction.

We did a 36 month lease and thanks to the forum, we had information on the money factor. They tried to give us a MF of 0.00382 or something, but I had a listing of various MF tiers and had circled the Tier 0: 0.00204 rate which I printed out from a forum post. They told me that rates had changed, but that they would give me that rate. (Wish all my arguments went over that easily!) Will be donating to the forum today in appreciation - thanks for all your help!!

Now just waiting for EVSE inspection so we can use Level 2 charging. Enjoying the ride!

Back