May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daniel; congrats on your pending delivery! i am confident you will be very pleased and i look forward to the day that we can meet somewhere in the middle to compare driving experiences!

and you are correct. close your dashboard. at this point, you really no longer need it. wait for your one week email.

ttweed said:
The CEO for one of the pay-to-charge players, EVOASIS, told me 9 months ago they were having L3 EVSEs built in China for less than $6000. They will come.

TT
And Zap has promised several EV supercars to be available "real soon," and don't forget the Zenn City Car with EESUs. Do you really want to plug your $35,000 car into a charger built by the cheapest bidder in China? I think I'd let someone else be the Guinea pig on that one.

(Though here in Spokane it's a moot point. Unless they install a few of them in one-horse towns between here and the places I go hiking up in Canada, there's no place I drive outside Leaf range. Even with the stinker, I don't drive to Seattle, though I know folks who do.)

daniel said:
I may have to move to the June thread. I was told my car would leave port this week (I won't believe it until I see it!) and that it should take another week to arrive, which could still be this month. But my dashboard says Week of June 6.
My dashboard changed today from "week of May 30" to "week of May 31".

Whew - I guess I can remain in this thread - but just by the skin of my teeth!

DaveinOlyWA said:
daniel; congrats on your pending delivery! i am confident you will be very pleased and i look forward to the day that we can meet somewhere in the middle to compare driving experiences!

and you are correct. close your dashboard. at this point, you really no longer need it. wait for your one week email.
Hi Dave. Good to hear from you! I'm less optimistic than you are. My Leaf could come next week, or it could come in 2012. They've told me before my car was a week away, and then that car disappeared with no explanation whatsoever. Until my dealer phones to tell me my car is at his dealership, it does not exist. And in fact, if the EV Porsche arrives first I'll revisit the issue of whether or not I still want to buy the Leaf. Another poster has said that it takes several weeks for a car to get from LB to WA, and that sounds more likely to me.

I got an email last week saying "Your Nissan LEAF is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer soon." I don't know if that's the one-week email, since the email does not say "one week," or if there's another email to come. But since Nissan has given me nothing but lies and promises until now, I believe NOTHING they tell me. I am a millimeter away from refusing the car just because I hate Nissan so much at this point. They have shown over and over again that in their opinion, we customers are dirt. I am probably never going to be able to really enjoy this car as I enjoyed my Prius when it was new, and my Zap Xebra, just because of all the sh!t they have put all of us through, and their obvious contempt for us. Not the mistakes and delays, but their lies and their refusal to be open with us about them!

I'm afraid that an EV meeting mid-state will have to await a bigger battery pack. Even assuming you can get a full charge in Seattle on your way, it's 300 miles from there to here and unlikely to be a charger along the way. Now if we both owned Teslas... :mrgreen:

daniel; i agree Nissan has had several mis-steps in this process so they are... a car manufacturer. so few have been able to launch revolutionary new products with minimal problems. we can look at the Volt launch or any other "launches" of cars that have yet to hit the streets.

its been a long time but i also waited 6½ months for my first Prius with ZERO info during the wait. maybe that was Nissan's mistake. the attempt to provide any info at all. Toyota did not and now looks to be a saint for having pulled it off so well, but we were completely out of the loop. so until the car was at the dealer, we knew nothing. for all i know, i was slated to receive my Prius in March of 2004 instead of the last day of June.

but none of that takes away from the car itself and ultimately that is what will determine my next car purchase.

daniel said:
I am a millimeter away from refusing the car just because I hate Nissan so much at this point. They have shown over and over again that in their opinion, we customers are dirt. I am probably never going to be able to really enjoy this car as I enjoyed my Prius when it was new, and my Zap Xebra, just because of all the sh!t they have put all of us through, and their obvious contempt for us. Not the mistakes and delays, but their lies and their refusal to be open with us about them!

This is exactly how I feel. Where is the genuine Nissan corporate acknowledgment, explanation and apology? How dare they ignore Xtremeflyer and his very polite attempt to get a response? What about the half gesture to mwalsh and the "top five" questions?

The CS "we're very sorry" does not cut it. Consider the source.

dlich18 said:

I just went from week of May 30 to week of May 27, maybe I'll get it before the long weekend instead of after!

:lol: Well my dashboard still reads "Week of April 22". Got to gove it to the CS staff, they do come up with a nice new excuse each week. Got this whopper of a lie from CS yesterday,"Ronald: Yes, we apologize for this delay. A lot of the delay is do to the port authority not releasing the vehicles to Nissan. I understand that 1,000 of cars from all manufactures in Japan are being delayed in Long Beach (Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai (Korea), etc.)." Unbelieveable. Today it was back to the recycled two week old excuse "we are awaiting accessories". Well, I suppose I will get my car sometime in September and then I can stop obsessing over it. It has been such a wonderful ordering process - Nissan should give the CS team a big party for successfully shielding us consumers from their gross incopmetence for as long as they have.

I'm in a somewhat different situation than most others: I've been driving electric for 4 years, and I could just be satisfied with my little Zap Xebra and keep driving electric, though not on the freeway or quite as far as the leaf. Then, I have the EV Porsche, which I've been waiting for for two years, and which could quite possibly arrive on the same day as the Leaf! At last report the replacement batteries (for the ones the original conversion shop damaged, but put in my car anyway!) are at customs, and once they clear and are shipped, and arrive, will take only a few hours to install and the car will be ready. If the Porsche does turn out as hoped, maybe I won't need the leaf at all. I'll still have the stinker for those times I need to go farther than Leaf/Porsche range, or for nasty weather when I might not want to take the Porsche out.

So my dilemma is: Do I really need two EVs??? I bought the Porsche because I'd have had two years driving it before anything else was available, but now I might not get it in time to evaluate whether or not I still need the Leaf. If the leaf had come in Dec/Jan when Nissan originally promised, I'd at least have had half a year with it before the Porsche (maybe) made it redundant. Instead, I'm likely to get them both at nearly the same time. Add to all this the filthy way Nissan is treating all of us, and so yes, I'm a millimeter away from refusing it.

... unless someone wants to buy the Porsche, as is, for a significant part of what I have into it (think Tesla Roadster ballpark).

On the other hand, the Porsche is likely to remain a project car: The guy fixing it now thinks it will want new batteries in a couple of years, and he's not at all happy with the lack of battery management, so once he finds a suitable bms or someone invents one for these batteries, it will be back in the shop, and the Leaf is likely to be a more reliable car. (Unless the lack of active cooling results in the batteries trashing themselves in a couple of years, as one friend of mine fears, and which resulted in his canceling his order, since Nissan will not warranty the batteries against premature loss of capacity.)

Dave: When I ordered my Prius in November, 2003, the dealer told me it would take 3 months to arrive. It actually took 2 months and a week. Waiting times were known, at least approximately. Nissan, however, promised Dec/Jan and then changed their minds and diverted production to Japan without ever explaining, apologizing, or even admitting. Toyota made no promises. Nissan made promises and then made an executive decision to break them. In my book they do not get points for "trying" to keep us informed. There's a saying "Don't make no promises you can't keep."

dlich18 said:
daniel said:
I may have to move to the June thread. I was told my car would leave port this week (I won't believe it until I see it!) and that it should take another week to arrive, which could still be this month. But my dashboard says Week of June 6.

'Week of May 31' actually means anytime from the 31st to June 6.

'Week of May 31' actually means anytime from the 31st to June 6.[/quote]

:lol: Like "week of April 22" means 'when we fell like it you might get your car'. Don't count on it.

seandexter said:

:lol: Like "week of April 22" means 'when we fell like it you might get your car'. Don't count on it.[/quote]

I didn't say they would get their car, I was just letting them know what 'week of' means. ;)

To my surprise, Nissan CS just called me to say that my car will be released from the port by the 23rd with delivery no later than the 30th. Since I live in LA, delivery should be within a day or two of the 23rd. Fingers crossed as the dashboard still shows 4/22.

LEAFfan said:
seandexter said:

:lol: Like "week of April 22" means 'when we fell like it you might get your car'. Don't count on it.

I didn't say they would get their car, I was just letting them know what 'week of' means. ;)
In Japanese, "Week of" means "In six months from..."

xtremeflyer said:
I just went from week of May 30 to week of May 27, maybe I'll get it before the long weekend instead of after!

Same here. Mine just went from week of May 30 to week of May 27th. And yet you ordered in October and I ordered in February! Unbelievable disorganization...

LEAFfan said:
dlich18 said:
daniel said:

Don't want to give false hopes, but it does feel like that they're really ramping up and the recent week of May 6 through May 12 deliveries had been pretty spot on. Last Friday Northbay Nissan had 40 Leaves in stock, so that's another good sign.

I hope that the dealers could schedule the delivery fast enough, as every hand off takes about two hours of a sales rep's time. heard that Broadwalk Nissan is already having group orientations so looks like the dealers are handling pretty well.

jcodeglia said:
Mine just went from week of May 30 to week of May 27th. And yet you ordered in October and I ordered in February! Unbelievable disorganization...
+1. I reserved 1 day before you, ordered 1 day before you, and they just changed my dashboard from week of May 30 to week of May 26. And of course May 26 and 27 are Thursday and Friday, not "weeks of" anything. So I rather expect they're planning trucks of Leafs leaving each day, and taking several additional days to reach various dealers.

PS, I'll take the risk of people yelling at me what a lucky (I know!) and undeserving so and so I am, since I think this information might really be helpful to other people. I hope this does portend that Nissan has finally opened the flood gates and everyone will get their cars soon. And for the record, I do think first reservations should get cars first. But I don't plan on making this one an orphan. :)

walterbays said:
jcodeglia said:
Mine just went from week of May 30 to week of May 27th. And yet you ordered in October and I ordered in February! Unbelievable disorganization...
+1. I reserved 1 day before you, ordered 1 day before you, and they just changed my dashboard from week of May 30 to week of May 26. And of course May 26 and 27 are Thursday and Friday, not "weeks of" anything. So I rather expect they're planning trucks of Leafs leaving each day, and taking several additional days to reach various dealers.

PS, I'll take the risk of people yelling at me what a lucky (I know!) and undeserving so and so I am, since I think this information might really be helpful to other people. I hope this does portend that Nissan has finally opened the flood gates and everyone will get their cars soon. And for the record, I do think first reservations should get cars first. But I don't plan on making this one an orphan. :)
Well you are very lucky, I (and many others) ordered more 3 months before both of you and I don't even have VIN yet. Fortunately I have a June estimated delivery, were a lot of Oct-Dec orders have a July month. Best part is that it looks like you both will get the CA $5k, and we most likely won't.

Back