May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gbshaun said:
daniel said:
smkettner said:
Did your DB say VIN 1201?
The page most people are calling the dashboard does not give VINs. My "Owner's Portal" gave the VIN ending 1201.
Daniel, can you explain the difference please?

I only know of one site which i access here http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/index#/leaf-electric-car/index

Maybe the other one has a "yes I'm ready to take delivery of my car now" button ? ;-)

VINs are on the Nissan Owners page (click on that link), which is different than the blue nissan dashboard that has your order info.

Use the same login and password.

gbshaun said:
daniel said:
smkettner said:
Did your DB say VIN 1201?
The page most people are calling the dashboard does not give VINs. My "Owner's Portal" gave the VIN ending 1201.
Daniel, can you explain the difference please?

I only know of one site which i access here http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/index#/leaf-electric-car/index

Maybe the other one has a "yes I'm ready to take delivery of my car now" button ? ;-)
The "dashboard" is a page that says "my account" near the top, and then clickable links reading:

reserve your Nissan LEAF
home assessment
order your Nissan LEAF
home charging dock
enable CARWINGS
pre-purchase checklist

These links become clickable as your order moves through the process. Once you have an order delivery estimate week (rather than a month, or the word "pending") a bright yellow tab appears, which says:

launch the Nissan owners' portal

That last one takes you to a different page, where you will see your VIN. Or at least a VIN which has been assigned to you until they decide to take it away from you and give it to someone else and leave you hanging for a while longer. That's also the page where you can sign up for Carwings and set some of your parameters.

LEAFfan said:
This is unforgivable! Another Feb. delivery before a Sept. order! And I just got an email today saying my car was being delayed AGAIN to week of June 13 which means at least June 20th or later. It's still at the port for some friggin' unknown reason. It's been there over two months, going on three! Someone posted a Nissan's VP email address. Does anyone have it? I want to send a 'nice' email to them. Thanks.
[deleted]

davewill said:
This isn't venting, it's a vendetta. He's getting totally out of control and I hope the mods act.
Much as I don't like to get involved in these diatribe threads, I must reluctantly agree whole-heartedly with Dave on this one. Daniel, please edit your post or ask the moderators to remove it. Thank you.

Glenn

An ad hominem argument is disputing a point by disparaging the character of the person making it. An example would be claiming that the Catholic Church is in error on a point of dogma because the Pope shields pedophiles from prosecution. I'm not doing that. I'm just calling the people who run Nissan names to show what I feel about them right now. In my opinion, their behavior warrants a bit of name calling. Their behavior in this whole campaign goes far beyond "mistakes" and well into contempt for their customers. If the mods wish to delete my posts or ban me from the forum, they can do that. I'm not sure I'd much care at this point. 13 months after requesting the car; 8 months after ordering the car; 5 months after being told we'd have the cars; a month after being told my car was in Portland and would arrive in a week and then having that car taken away to be sent to somebody else; I'm pretty much sick of the whole Leaf business.

daniel said:
An ad hominem argument is disputing a point by disparaging the character of the person making it. An example would be claiming that the Catholic Church is in error on a point of dogma because the Pope shields pedophiles from prosecution. I'm not doing that. I'm just calling the people who run Nissan names to show what I feel about them right now. In my opinion, their behavior warrants a bit of name calling. Their behavior in this whole campaign goes far beyond "mistakes" and well into contempt for their customers. If the mods wish to delete my posts or ban me from the forum, they can do that. I'm not sure I'd much care at this point. 13 months after requesting the car; 8 months after ordering the car; 5 months after being told we'd have the cars; a month after being told my car was in Portland and would arrive in a week and then having that car taken away to be sent to somebody else; I'm pretty much sick of the whole Leaf business.
Dude, as much as I'm really really mad at Nissan, you have gone too far and should take it down. You have more than enough facts to argue, leave out the personal stuff.

Since you are sick of it, someone will shortly post that you should just surrender your order.

The "haves" really aren't very concerned with the fact that there are hundreds/thousands of "have nots" who hold that status only because of Nissan's malfeasance. They want to cheer on Nissan for bringing the Leaf to market and complaints like yours/mine are a distraction. Well, I have a Nissan now and I like it very much. But that does not alter my current antipathy for a corporate bohemoth that accepts no responsibility for its misdeeds, nor tries to correct them in a way which advances my delivery date. Demos for dealers right now? Give me a break.

BlueSL said:
Since you are sick of it, someone will shortly post that you should just surrender your order.

The "haves" really aren't very concerned with the fact that there are hundreds/thousands of "have nots" who hold that status only because of Nissan's malfeasance. They want to cheer on Nissan for bringing the Leaf to market and complaints like yours/mine are a distraction. Well, I have a Nissan now and I like it very much. But that does not alter my current antipathy for a corporate bohemoth that accepts no responsibility for its misdeeds, nor tries to correct them in a way which advances my delivery date. Demos for dealers right now? Give me a break.

I am in the July time frame.. ordered 09/08/2010.

Just to add insult to injury, a friend of mine just walked into First Nissan in Simi over the weekend.. took home their "showroom demo" Leaf for 2500 over MSRP..

Same trim, options and color as mine.. he waited three days.... I'll be 10 months when all is said and done (and 15 months from reservation...)

My only real gripe is losing out on the full CA rebate due to Nissan's incompetence... the car I can wait for, it's just a shame to lose out on the financial end due to their complete mishandling of the ordering process.. and not that dealers shouldn't be able to gouge for orphaned or demos, but Nissan could've tried to secure those for customers on the list..

Quote: ". . . . your rantings diminish the weight of MNL with Nissan."

I'm not sure how much, if any weight, mnl has with nissan. They probably read the forum and take from it what will benefit them. But I think it is safe to say that they don't care much about our opinions on the delivery issues. If mnl had any actual weight with nissan, they would have given a better response to mwalsh on the ac problem, and they would have provided answers of any kind to the other issues he presented to them. When I saw nissan's reaction to that overture from mnl I realized that we don't have much weight with nissan.

I doubt that anyone at nissan is going to loose any sleep over Daniel's opinion, or think less of mnl. That would probably be "less than zero."

On a happy note for me, DB changed from June 6th to May 30th this morning. Just got a call from dealer who was invoiced for the car today. He expects it on the lot on Friday. For a delivery Saturday.
For me this has been almost a year long ride. I feel sad for those of you out there who have been in total anguish
over having to wait for so much longer to get your car than me.
As I have said on other posts, August would have suited me fine. I leave for two months in Hawaii on June 17th and will not get to enjoy car anyway.
I hope that Nissan straightens out this mess and that we can all have a virtual beer together after all orders have been satisfied.
I'll buy first round. ;)

leafkabob said:
I'm not sure how much, if any weight, mnl has with nissan. They probably read the forum and take from it what will benefit them. But I think it is safe to say that they don't care much about our opinions on the delivery issues....I doubt that anyone at nissan is going to loose any sleep over Daniel's opinion, or think less of mnl. That would probably be "less than zero."

From my point of view that is the biggest issue with this. All in all it seems like Nissan isn't directly responding/dealing with these issues that come up very well. The outsourced customer service seems way too limited to actually figure out and fix issues thus are more or less stuck retelling whatever the computer is telling them. The dealers that have direct contacts with Nissan seem to have it a bit better than us and every time a dealer passes on information to the forum I greatly appreciate it.

leafkabob said:
I'm not sure how much, if any weight, mnl has with nissan.
I think you might be surprised how much they are paying attention. Several years ago I created the Unofficial Canon iPF Printer Wiki:

http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/message/list/FAQ

Canon did not respond in any way in the discussion forum, or to any of the criticisms/shortcoming in the Wiki about their printer. However, over a couple of years virtually every complaint was quietly addressed, such that the latest generation is really, really good.

I suspect that something similar may be going on with Nissan. However, it takes time (months to years) to make changes in their product. I think it is likely that past mistakes will not be repeated, and that many of the requests we sent to Nissan will eventually show up in future Leaf models.

Stoaty said:
leafkabob said:
I'm not sure how much, if any weight, mnl has with nissan.
I think you might be surprised how much they are paying attention. Several years ago I created the Unofficial Canon iPF Printer Wiki:

http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/message/list/FAQ

Canon did not respond in any way in the discussion forum, or to any of the criticisms/shortcoming in the Wiki about their printer. However, over a couple of years virtually every complaint was quietly addressed, such that the latest generation is really, really good.

I suspect that something similar may be going on with Nissan. However, it takes time (months to years) to make changes in their product. I think it is likely that past mistakes will not be repeated, and that many of the requests we sent to Nissan will eventually show up in future Leaf models.

But that is exactly my point. Nissan is no doubt gleaning information helpful to them. But that doesn't mean we carry weight with them. it only means that they are using us. If we carried weight, we would be treated with respect, which in this case i would consider to be some truthful and timely responses.

downeykp said:
I hope that Nissan straightens out this mess and that we can all have a virtual beer together after all orders have been satisfied.
I'll buy first round. ;)

downeykp
Res. 6-14-10
Order 1-25-11
Est. Del. 5-28-11
Having ordered even later than I, and certainly much later than a whole boatload of 2010 MNLers, you may need the entire extra $2500 from the full CA rebate you'll be getting just to afford that first round. I'd like a Fat TIre Amber, please!

Glenn

FilmMixer said:

Just to add insult to injury, a friend of mine just walked into First Nissan in Simi over the weekend.. took home their "showroom demo" Leaf for 2500 over MSRP..

Same trim, options and color as mine.. he waited three days.... I'll be 10 months when all is said and done (and 15 months from reservation...)

My only real gripe is losing out on the full CA rebate due to Nissan's incompetence... the car I can wait for, it's just a shame to lose out on the financial end due to their complete mishandling of the ordering process.. and not that dealers shouldn't be able to gouge for orphaned or demos, but Nissan could've tried to secure those for customers on the list..
Yeah - ouch. On the spreadsheet, there's only 2 Sept orders left waiting that have updated their entry fairly recently - you and sminhas.

Paying $2500 over MSRP almost seems worth it to get the full $5000 CA rebate - at least you'd get to enjoy your LEAF sooner since if it really takes 'till July to get your LEAF, you'll only be getting $2500 instead of $5000 for sure unless for some crazy reason fewer than 700 LEAFs are shipped to CA in the next month - seems unlikely given than ~600 rebates have been claimed in the last 4 weeks and there are a lot of LEAFs on their way... Either way it will be close.

drees said:
Yeah - ouch. On the spreadsheet, there's only 2 Sept orders left waiting that have updated their entry fairly recently - you and sminhas.

"Sminhas" is not the name of a forum member. FilmMixer could very well be all alone. Not unlike Rat.

I apologize for my name-calling yesterday. I still believe that Nissan has acted and is continuing to act in a reprehensible and dishonorable manner. Why don't I give up the car if I feel this way? Dudes, I've been driving a Zap Xebra for four years! That should tell you how much driving electric means to me, and the Leaf is the first full-on electric car I've ever had a chance to own. (With the exception of the electric Porsche, which I drove for about a month before it had to go in for a complete re-build, and two years in, I cannot know if it will ever be finished, or what it will be like when it is.)

Nissan has the capability and willingness to re-allocate cars even as late as the week of their scheduled delivery, as demonstrated by their re-allocation of the one that was in Portland about to come to me. Since they can, and will do this when it suits them, the fact that they are still delivering February orders while September/October orders languish, shows that they are being dishonest with us regarding their motives, and that they have no honor.

But I should not have used the language I did yesterday on this forum.

FilmMixer said:

Providing Demos to dealers whilst there are still so many overlooked 2010 orders (especially yours FilmMixer!) are still pending is wrong IMO, though not surprising given how little NissanUSA apparently cares about the early adopters.
But if Nissan dealers are indeed selling these demos, that's really lame.

I certainly can't blame the customer who snapped it up. $2500 over MSRP minus a guaranteed $5k rebate puts him about the same as those 2010 "overlooked" CA customers who now miss out on the full CA rebate, AND waited 7-10 months to take delivery!

Well I learned from my PD that my car shipped from LB on 5/25, so it certainly looks like I won't be a May delivery after all. I already bounced from April.....so I spent time in three different month delivery threads....sigh.

Hopefully I'll get the car before I have to leave for Europe 6/12, otherwise the car'll have to sit at the dealership for another three weeks.

Back