Metallic slate "discontinued"?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafatl

Hi,

I was told tonight that metallic slate has been discontinued, and that no new Leafs will be produced in this color. I have searched, but haven't found any statements from Nissan supporting this (or even any other references to this being the case).

Anyone able to confirm or shoot this one down?

Thanks

Until Nissan drops it from http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/colors-photos/#_exterior" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, it's still a valid color...

Judging by the cars I see driving around Seattle, it looks to be the most popular 2013 color, so hopefully Nissan doesn't shoot themselves in the foot and discontinue it. I'd vote with the side that's calling this a (bad) dealer strategy.

Thanks for the replies - I picked one up, just off the truck, at another dealer yesterday. Loving it so far!

Looks ike "Metallic Slate" will be changed to "Gun Metallic" for 2014...

lstefani said:
Im a Internet Manager for a nissan dealer the color isn't going anywhere.

that's good news, it's our favorite color! now if Nissan can get that 200 mile battery out by the end of our Lease in 2015 we'll stick around!!

Back