Month of X to Pending

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new email from the Mothership. While I did not receive the message advising me of the move from May(be) to Penduary, this suggests ... something ... maybe. ;)

AndyH, we recently notified you that the estimated delivery timing on your "my account" page had been changed to "pending" as a result of the events in Japan.

Since some of our plants are resuming production again, we are in the process of scheduling your order. As soon as revised estimated delivery timing becomes available, we will refresh your "my account" page.

We will make sure we continue to update you regularly regarding delivery of your Nissan LEAF™.

Thank you for your continued support.

Well, if you had a Sept-Oct 2010 order, YOUR car MIGHT be here in port, but "they" just messed up and assigned YOUR VIN to somebody with a 2011 order.

If a month, week, or day is not significant to you, fine. However those with a $$$ deadline might want to ASK LOUDLY for YOUR car, BEFORE it gets delivered to somebody else.

To many "skipped" folks in CA, it means $5000.

If they are so sure that YOUR car did NOT make it out of Japan, then they must know YOUR VIN, so ask them for YOUR VIN NUNBER. ...

The screeming voice is not nice, but it MIGHT get you some "corrective" ACTION?

They say that it's too difficult for them to correctly re-assign VINs?
I do not think so!

I'm one of the 2011 orders. Nissan has already said that they're fixing the out of order deliveries. Yelling more will get us what, exactly? How much blood is in each rock?

You've already got your car - no need to come in here and incite a riot - go drive! ;)

I also received the email at 2:32 PM PST:

<Dear Masked SuperHero>, like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last few weeks. As a result of those events, you might have noticed the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."
The "my account" page hasn't changed from "month of May 2011" as of 4:30 PM. I'll check again tomorrow in case this happens with a delay or an overnight update...

Nice to see the deliveries progressing in the tracking spreadsheet. Hopefully I'll get mine sometime in the next few months. I think the rebates will be around for a little while, so we may end up getting them anyway. Those in the EVProject are saving, even if you include the fed tax credit, $1,000+, so we're still getting some nice incentives. If I miss out on the CA incentive would be a bit of a bummer, at least I'll get the vehicle!!!

Gary is correct, now is the time to speak up if you think your are affected by this ordering snafu! Don't wait, the cars are in port and delivery is hopefully mid-April. Good Luck!

garygid said:
To many "skipped" folks in CA, it means $5000.

If they are so sure that YOUR car did NOT make it out of Japan, then they must know YOUR VIN, so ask them for YOUR VIN NUNBER. ...

The screeming voice is not nice, but it MIGHT get you some "corrective" ACTION?

They say that it's too difficult for them to correctly re-assign VINs?
I do not think so!

AndyH said:
A new email from the Mothership. While I did not receive the message advising me of the move from May(be) to Penduary, this suggests ... something ... maybe. ;)

AndyH, we recently notified you that the estimated delivery timing on your "my account" page had been changed to "pending" as a result of the events in Japan.

Since some of our plants are resuming production again, we are in the process of scheduling your order. As soon as revised estimated delivery timing becomes available, we will refresh your "my account" page.

We will make sure we continue to update you regularly regarding delivery of your Nissan LEAF™.

Same email

AndyH said:

same email here.

Mine was at "Month of May" this afternoon and when I talked to Devin at Nissan CS.. This evening it updated to "Pending". Devin promised me a call by 5pm eastern tomorrow, so we'll see what she says.

I just found out that if you log in 500 times in a row that instead of getting sooner, it switches to Pending!?! :(

ElectricVehicle said:
I also received the email at 2:32 PM PST:

<Dear Masked SuperHero>, like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last few weeks. As a result of those events, you might have noticed the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."
The "my account" page hasn't changed from "month of May 2011" as of 4:30 PM. I'll check again tomorrow in case this happens with a delay or an overnight update...
Update: Checked again at 10:30 PM and my account has changed to "Pending".

Has any body called or chatted with Nissan yet this morning? As I currently don't have the temperament to speak/chat directly, I sent off an e-mail instead. If the past is any indication, I imagine it will not solicit a timely response, if any.

Changed from May to Pending.Yesterday's email was the first from Nissan since I was given a month of may. Maybe is just some sort of reset, with so many Leaf cars in Long Beach .... one has to be mine! :(

Glacier Perl SLe
4/20/10 - 10/28/10
Wilsonville Nissan, Portland OR
02-08 Month of May, 04-05 Pending
VIN ???
EV Project approved, installation no later than April 30th.

If one more CS rep tells me that the "earthquake" has disrupted delivery of my (built & shipped) car, I'm going to get on the CAPS-LOCK key something fierce.

And, they can expect exclamation marks!

They're milking this disaster pretty hard when the cars are sitting parked in Long Beach.

"Pending." Hah. This is what they do if you urinate on the Nissan LEAF billboard posts.
Apparently.

Just got off of the phone with Christian from CS. Very polite guy, I don't envy him in his position. Anyway, he could not find a VIN for my car. He mentioned that THE Email that was sent yesterday was sent to many people that it shouldn't have. I then told him that the email just created more confusion. He established a case nbr for me and escalated the issue. They may try to find an orphan if necessary. A supervisor will call in one to two days. I also expressed that Nissan needs to stick with reservation/order date delivery. Integrity in a company is paramount! More waiting begins... :(

Res. 4/20/10
Ord. 10/30/10
Delivery Pending???

GroundLoop said:
If one more CS rep tells me that the "earthquake" has disrupted delivery of my (built & shipped) car, I'm going to get on the CAPS-LOCK key something fierce.

And, they can expect exclamation marks!

They're milking this disaster pretty hard when the cars are sitting parked in Long Beach.

"Pending." Hah. This is what they do if you urinate on the Nissan LEAF billboard posts.
Apparently.

This forum is badly in need of some perspective about the earthquake and disaster in Japan. Regardless of whether it affected the cars in Long Beach, there are some much much more serious issues facing Japan, the country that makes this car, and Nissan. Do you want to trade places with someone who lives 10 miles form Diachi plants?
Or even someone in Tokyo?
This is just getting very ugly. This is a public forum, people, not your dining room table.

Reporting from Tokyo—LATimes, April 5.
The operator of Japan's stricken Fukushima nuclear plant said Tuesday that it had found radioactive iodine at 7.5 million times the legal limit in a seawater sample taken near the facility, and government officials imposed a new health limit for radioactivity in fish.

The reading of iodine-131 was recorded Saturday, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said. Another sample taken Monday found the level to be 5 million times the legal limit. The Monday samples also were found to contain radioactive cesium at 1.1 million times the legal limit.

The exact source of the radiation was not immediately clear, though Tepco has said that highly contaminated water has been leaking from a pit near the No. 2 reactor. The utility initially believed that the leak was coming from a crack, but several attempts to seal the crack failed.

Back