Monthly Order Allowance for Dealers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVDRIVER said:
And the point is? I think most people who have bought cars a few times know dealers have allowances and those who reserved early were not subject to one, then this changed. Why stop at 2003, how about a 240Z?

The point is - 240Z, 350Z, GT-R, all low supply high demand vehicles, had dealers adding significant markups when these cars became available. I don't believe that Nissan really thought that dealers would be offering discounts below invoice on an all new technology vehicle in limited supply. Frankly, I am amazed that dealers are doing this. From a manufacturer's perspective, every car discounted heavily reduces resale value, harming the brand. It is in Nissan corporations best interest to maintain resale value. As a LEAF owner, it is in your best interest to maintain resale value. If Nissan had not offered the reservation system (with its flaws), LEAF buyers would be subject to the same markups Volt buyers are looking at.

I just ordered from Avondale Nissan because internet postings seem to indicate that they are the best Nissan dealer in the Phoenix area. Without asking I was given a small discount off MSRP.

HDT said:
Hello forum this new format will not change the pricing structure for our clients it just means that the higher volume Dealers such as ourselves will be allocated vehicles in larger numbers based apon what my good buddy Gil stated.The amount of sedans we've sold in the last few months will play in how many Leaf orders you can make,those who are willing to wait for deeply discounted vehicles still have that choice.
Here at our Dealership We will continue to sell Leafs at a fair price to our clients plus they will be able to order and recieve a Leaf Quicker,there will be no gouging for that will not lead to return or happy customers which is a very important aspect in making Buena Park Nissan the #1 Volume Nissan Dealer in Orange County and the #2 Volume Dealer In California.
For you forum members that want to be treated in a professional and honorable manner feel free to contact me.

Thank you HDT for reducing killing FUD and breathing fresh air into the debate; and welcome to the forum.

stanley said:
The allocation process seems to be appropriate.I firmly believe in the free enterprise system and that there should be little to no interference with it. However, It is also important that we have Financially healthy Nissan dealers so that we can get quality service for our vehicles. Nissan has required Dealers to invest aproximately $50,000. at their dealerships to get ready for our EV`s. Charging stations,training and new bays etc. For a handfull of dealers to get a dispraportionate number of sales seems wrong. I want my discount from MSRP but there needs to be a proper balance in the ordering process. I believe that this change by Nissan is reasonable and appropriate

Absolutely, Stanley! Those chargers do cost money and I think Leon was right in the December orders thread that I'm going about this all wrong. I need to first start a "Not Above MSRP" guarantee and "No Surprise Options" guarantee list and ask all 30 local area dealerships if they'd like to join the pledges.

That said, I would be very cross if I had to pay above MSRP so thanks for suggesting I spell everything out before my day comes, including the Cold Weather Package. But this rule was for Tier 1 and 1a, not Tier 2, which is where I am. Is this being enforced in the Atlantic / Gulf East? I have a feeling that in the Washington, D.C. area you'll probably have only a small percentage of LEAF orders compared to the West Coast states. We probably follow along closer to Tennessee, perhaps a bit more given "Capitol Clout". I'm curious how this will effect sales in this area as we open up this market for the first time.

TimeHorse said:
That said, I would be very cross if I had to pay above MSRP so thanks for suggesting I spell everything out before my day comes, including the Cold Weather Package. But this rule was for Tier 1 and 1a, not Tier 2, which is where I am. Is this being enforced in the Atlantic / Gulf East?
What about those of us in the "forgotten 36"? May be that by the time we get to order, all of the early sales excitement will be over and it wll be "business as usual" for dealers. Given the lack of local incentives and the pricing climate when I finally get to order, I may end up paying 1.5X, maybe even 2X
what some of those early orders in EV friendly locales paid. Is this fair? No. But I've learned not to expect fair in the world, each person gets what they get and has to make the best of it.

Back