Mountain Climb to Snoqualmie Pass Summit (Seattle, WA)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reddy said:
rainnw said:
Are you armchair hypermiling your way up and down the pass in a virtual LEAF?! :lol: :lol:
Yup, it seems like I've been doing it for years .... :cry:

I was also you once!

Reddy, when I attempt this again with a much cooler head and less traffic, I will try to get much more detailed statistics. It could be that I completely blew this hill's potential.

But we really need to have two different award sets for challenges like these:

1) Doing the impossible where its difficult to repeat, or drives at impractical speeds
2) Proving that any normal person can repeat it or would want to repeat the drive traveling at the rate of traffic

I really would like to see more of the second case.

Yes, understood. And I, on the other hand, am always driving the opposite of the Seattle traffic, so I don't always appreciate the problems. I still remember a Memorial Day years ago leaving Seattle and returning to eastern WA, where I saw SOLID STOPPED westbound traffic (mostly RV/campers) from the top of the pass to Ellensburg. Meanwhile, I was flying along eastbound at 70 mph. I guess I just need to keep remembering that.

Reddy

Reddy said:
Yes, understood. And I, on the other hand, am always driving the opposite of the Seattle traffic, so I don't always appreciate the problems. I still remember a Memorial Day years ago leaving Seattle and returning to eastern WA, where I saw SOLID STOPPED westbound traffic (mostly RV/campers) from the top of the pass to Ellensburg. Meanwhile, I was flying along eastbound at 70 mph. I guess I just need to keep remembering that.

Reddy

I wouldn't mind stop and go traffic up the hill, it might actually be a good thing. But moderate traffic filled with speeders is not good on my miles/kwh!

I am looking at a weekday morning for the next "challenge".

Does anyone know if a leaf has made it up to Paradise at Mount Rainier? I'm thinking about giving it a shot tomorrow and was wondering if it has been done yet.

Back