My 10kw All USA Solar system finally getting in..

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done! Clearly you aren't half assing the engineering! I always presumed you would need a support on the back roof to support that much cantilever but clearly not.

JasonA, you have more detailed info on you Enphae/UPS setup? I've seen you mention it a few times but haven't seen a lot about the details.

I haven't publicly shown my UPS/isolation system on forums or anywhere else. Just to local Leaf/EV members here. I figure if someone has the technical knowledge to do their own solar/wiring setup then they should be able to handle something of this caliber.

It's not the type of project or setup that a homeowner is going to ask an electrician to do. One EV'er asked me "why can't you just plug in your 240 generator into the panel to trick the invertors" :shock:

And that is why.. don't get ideas people..

P.S. if you are smart, creative, intelligent, nutzo, bright, wizbang, etc do what this guy did...
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17879

JasonA said:
I haven't publicly shown my UPS/isolation system on forums or anywhere else.
Do you use a dump load, or do you signal your microinverters to stop producing when the UPS is fully charged?

Cheers, Wayne

JasonA said:
I haven't publicly shown my UPS/isolation system on forums or anywhere else. Just to local Leaf/EV members here. I figure if someone has the technical knowledge to do their own solar/wiring setup then they should be able to handle something of this caliber.

It's not the type of project or setup that a homeowner is going to ask an electrician to do. One EV'er asked me "why can't you just plug in your 240 generator into the panel to trick the invertors" :shock:

And that is why.. don't get ideas people..

P.S. if you are smart, creative, intelligent, nutzo, bright, wizbang, etc do what this guy did...
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17879

To be fair Enphase makes install PV as easy as wiring any other 240 volt circuit with some additional grounding and physical labor installing mounts and getting panels on the roof. :)

Maybe I'm justing the obvious answer but I don't know how you'd automatically isolate things, I'm very curious how well things work at various production/ consumption levels and how that is being handled, and obviously how this doesn't get really expensive. More just of a thought exercise as my manual portable generator with circuit breaker interlock has worked well at keeping the power from going out for the last few years ;)

Back