My AZ EVP Charger Appointment Today!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timaz

I just finished my appointment with SECON (Specified Electrical Contractors, Inc.). I am an EVP participant here in Phoenix. First the bad news, my charger was not installed today. Basically, they did a site evaluation as I have never had one and have had literally almost no contact with Ecototality except a couple emails (One asking me additional questions and another telling me I qualified for the program and a free charger). The good news is that the contractor told me they were finishing up training this week and may be out as early as next week to do the install. The additional good news was that its a basic install, nothing special, no extra charges the entire bill will be paid by Ecototality. He mentioned I was the second person signed up in Arizona and this was the priority list they have been given thus the EVR - 002 number I was given on my paperwork. SECON was given the contract for the initial installs as they have installed the fast chargers at several of the AZ dealerships and Nissan wanted them to personally oversee the inital one's due to their experience. I thought it was also interesting that priority list was not completed until people actually followed through and ordered their car! I guess that makes sense now that I think about it, why waste time prioritizing anyone that did not have an actual order in the system. The other order sequencing tidbit was that you can kind of get an idea of of where you fall in the hierarchy with your EVP number (EVR-002 for me). If I was the 2nd complete an order and that qualified in the EVP program, the only people left out are non-evp people and people who did not order right away or at all. In Arizona, I would think very few initial orders would be non EVP? Why turn down a free charger? The only people that would may be in rural areas or not own their home, etc. However, here almost everyone has a garage.

Well thats what I found out today. Still no charger or car, but at least we are starting to get an idea of timing.

Thanks for sharing. I am really looking forward to seeing EVP EVSE installs start to give us some confidence that they are on schedule and not impacting delivery of vehicles to customers. Also good to hear your confirmation of the coding as that is what we have been guessing. I'm WAR-011 or #11 in WA for the EVP. I've been readying my garage and basement for wiring over the last month.

Good to hear your news, Timaz. Here are my "surprises" from what you have said:

Wilson Electric is the company that came to do my assessment in early October. They told me they would be installing all the EV Project chargers and when I showed the guy a photo of the Blink, he said, "Oh, that is what we'll be installing?" He had no idea what this was about. You say a different company, SECON, is now installing the Blinks, at least the first ones

I'm number AZR-054, so I am a long ways from getting my Blink installed. I don't quite get it. I did my reservation at about 1:30 pm on April 20 and did not get a RAQ to open on my dashboard until Sept 7 at about 1:20 pm. I guess I needed to do my reservation in the morning of the 20th to get a August 31 order date. I think there are quite a few AZ people that were not invited to be part of the EVP. I know several in Tucson and remember several on the forum from Phoenix that also did not get asked. One person in Tucson said it was probably because he works out of his home and doesn't commute to work each day.

The best thing you said was: "The good news is that the contractor told me they were finishing up training this week and may be out as early as next week to do the install. " This means the Blink must have its UL listing now. Possibly, Plug In America has not updated their charger data base.

Keep us informed about the installation of your charger. Rumor is a second shipment will be coming in last December. This could be your ship!!!

Wilson did my assessment as well. I just sent them an email to see if they will be doing the install and if they started installs yet.

Music to my ears given my low SDR #... but I suppose we'll see.. I've got a later order date and a boring dashboard so I'm not holding my breath at this point for anything earlier than February.

Back