My first day to work with LEAF in Sunny(and Hilly) San Diego

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmydreams said:
TonyWilliams said:
My first day in sunny (and hilly) SD was kinda like this:

Parked in the garage with 99.7 miles driven (car was delivered at 4.5 miles). It did not enter turtle mode:

In a word: NICE!

Gutsy move taking it so low on day 1!! But the no-turtle mode after hitting the dashes is good to see. Congrats on delivery. ENJOY!

Yes very nice indeed. Farthest I have driven is 90 miles with 8 miles remaining. Last 10 miles I was never more than 2 miles from home, so I figured, I was good till I went turtle (which never happened). :)

In my efforts to ensure that I'm getting all the advertised (and paid for) performance, I also wound the car up to 95 miles per hour. It absolutely would not go faster, even on a slight downhill "track".

Lots of buffet with the rear windows down. LOTS of drag (measurably on the kW used meter). Lots of torque steer on the sharp turn angles, high "thrust", low speed.

That horn is sad. It's getting a real horn. Charger goes in the UPS box tomorrow for modification. Fun so far.

Back