MyNissanLeaf.com License plate frame?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can definitely set up a CafePress store - someone had mentioned these would be a good way to support the forum, but I found some data showing that CafePress would give about 10% only back to the forum. If we did a bulk purchase and sold and shipped them ourselves the price would be lower and there'd be more than 10% for the forum.

That being said, the reason we haven't done any of this yet is because we're waiting on something that's happening soon.... a logo contest! We will have details soon.

sounds great and i am definitely in for a group buy/plate etc. this may even encourage me to do a front plate!! (something i had not planned to do)

but i am in the 60% crowd (no solar and no plans to install solar) so i would like to have "hydro-powered" or maybe "HOH" powered. for anyone who lives in WA St and for those who do not.

HOH is the biggest rain forest in the US and situated on the Washington Coast in the Forks area. when rearranged it does say...H2O....hehehe...get it?? rain ...water? granted our power comes from the East, but anyway

wxxyz said:
...but I found some data showing that CafePress would give about 10% only back to the forum.
Blood suckers. :)

wxxyz said:
That being said, the reason we haven't done any of this yet is because we're waiting on something that's happening soon.... a logo contest!
Great idea! That's by far the most productive and efficient way to come up with a logo/motto. That's how we've done it on other mailing lists/forums. If there are lots of entries, have several rounds of voting to narrow down the field and finally to pick the winner.

Without a contest, a zillion follow-up posts of "How about this: '...'" is a very poor alternative.

DaveinOlyWA said:
sounds great and i am definitely in for a group buy/plate etc.
Most states seem to have their tags at the top, but my state (Oregon) has them at the bottom, so please try to get some of both types if you can.

patrick0101 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
sounds great and i am definitely in for a group buy/plate etc.
Most states seem to have their tags at the top, but my state (Oregon) has them at the bottom, so please try to get some of both types if you can.

Would one like this work?
Frame_license_plate_cut_out.jpg

And I'm assuming the 2 holes are on the top of the license plate on the Leaf?

Is there going to be a group buy ? Other wise Im going to buy the drivin on sunshine frame ..

Just in case drivers in AZ don't know, we have to have a special frame that shows the state at the top. When I checked on that first website, they didn't have any that would work. The pictures are deceiving. The small pic looked like wxyz's, but when you click on the color, it changes at the top.

LEAFfan said:
Just in case drivers in AZ don't know, we have to have a special frame that shows the state at the top. When I checked on that first website, they didn't have any that would work. The pictures are deceiving. The small pic looked like wxyz's, but when you click on the color, it changes at the top.
FYI, Oregon is the same as AZ.

So if it's exactly like this picture it WOULD work in Oregon and Arizona?

wxxyz said:
I think this will work in Oregon since it would show the tags in the lower left and right corners.

wxxyz said:

If it's from that first website, the top strip gets bigger when you click on what color you want, so it wouldn't work in AZ. I've only found one website so far that has AZ frames, and that was the one Azrich posted.

patrick0101 said:
I think this will work in Oregon since it would show the tags in the lower left and right corners.

Are you in Oregon? Do you have a Leaf? If so, can I mail you a sample I got from the company so you can confirm it works on the Leaf and with the Oregon stickers?

LEAFfan said:
If it's from that first website, the top strip gets bigger when you click on what color you want, so it wouldn't work in AZ. I've only found one website so far that has AZ frames, and that was the one Azrich posted.

No, that was just an image I found on Google that looks exactly like the sample I got from the company...

wxxyz said:

That one looks like it would good for Oregon. The state name is at the top-middle and the stickers are on the lower left and right sides so I'm pretty sure that would clear them all...

wxxyz said:
Are you in Oregon? Do you have a Leaf? If so, can I mail you a sample I got from the company so you can confirm it works on the Leaf and with the Oregon stickers?
Yes, I am in Oregon. I don't have my Leaf yet. It is now scheduled to arrive on 5/23. DarkStar would be a better choice since he already has his car.

patrick0101 said:
wxxyz said:
Yes, I am in Oregon. I don't have my Leaf yet. It is now scheduled to arrive on 5/23. DarkStar would be a better choice since he already has his car.
PM sent to wxxyz. I could definitely get some pictures with the sample on my LEAF.

I got a beautiful chrome plated metal frame from "TwoChicks.com" for about $20 with shipping. Ours is an AZ compatible frame with lettering only on the bottom that says, "No Gas...Sun Powered Electric". They have plenty of options for the color of the lettering and the color of the background. We used a shade of blue background that is very close to the AZ ECO plate and the blue color of the car. We used white lettering that also complements the white clouds of the ECO plate. Good quality, nice people to work with.

Back