need advice, used Costco to get referred to dealer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epi117

Checking into buying a SL. contacted by dealer after referred by Costco, we have exchanged a few emails.

This is the response to my email

"...The least expensive SL I found (the charger is standard), has an MSRP of $35860. Your Costco price is just $33744. As far as leasing goes, that national ad is still just for the S, but I can lease any model, including the SL. What I need from you, is how long you want to lease for, how many miles a month you will drive it, and how much money you would like to put down. With those answers, I can get you lease pricing."

so my question is what questions should i ask, i was thinking about a two year lease, after reading many topics it seems like i want to put down as least as possible and make sure a get gap? any other advice?

And thanks so much for your wisdom.

and second email

The residual at the end of 2 years is 62%.

The money factor is set at the beginning of each month by NMAC (Nissan Financial). It isn't negotiable, or calculatable, which is why I had to wait until March to get you pricing. The prices were different in Feb, even though there were not any Leafs available. The interest rate, for this car, this model, this month, for 24 months, would be roughly 5%.

is 5% norm for people with excellent credit, he hasnt even asked for our credit history?

Depends on where you live. The $2500 California rebate is only for 36+ month leases and ownership periods. We initially leased and the dealer adjusted the money factor as part of our negotiations. The advertised rates are for the "best qualified" customers.

Currently the money factor for the best credit is 0.002, which is 4.8%. This is very high, but it is the best you can do right now.

Back