Need help identifying random beep...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmpUpCO

After starting my daily commute, and traveling about a mile - at a 100% charge - I hear a single "beep" within the cabin. I look around the dash to see if their are any warning lights, and cannot find a one.

Does anyone know what this beep may signify?

AmpUpCO said:
After starting my daily commute, and traveling about a mile - at a 100% charge - I hear a single "beep" within the cabin. I look around the dash to see if their are any warning lights, and cannot find a one.

Does anyone know what this beep may signify?
Could it be the Bluetooth automatically connecting to your phone?

I have seen other threads about beeps. One was the phone saying that Bluetooth was trying to connect to it. Another was related to an iPod. Search on "beep" for ideas.

TonyWilliams said:
The low temp warning that comes on at 38 degrees.

+1

I'm betting on this - since you're in the same City and I get it now and again as we hover around 38 degrees (which is the default setting for temp warning I believe?)

ampitupco said:
TonyWilliams said:
The low temp warning that comes on at 38 degrees.

+1

I'm betting on this - since you're in the same City and I get it now and again as we hover around 38 degrees (which is the default setting for temp warning I believe?)

Yup, +2. I've even gotten this here in Phoenix a couple times. It just flashes "low outside temp" on the LCD in the middle of the cluster, then it goes away. Next time it happens, check to see if the temp is 38 deg.

Nav beeps once when you approach a routed turn -- took me several beeps before it clicked that that was what was being indicated. Maybe it's a navigation turn beep you are hearing?

+3
Low temperature beep at 38F. Even though my car sits outside at night, it still gives that beep after about one mile of travel in the morning.

You can turn the low temperature warning off in settings using the buttons on the left side of the instrument panel. I turned mine off along with the start-up sound.

I also get the low temp beep at 38ºF and was puzzled when I first heard it. Now when I hear it I look at the dash and see the snowflake symbol. I find it amusing to get that warning when I am driving in winter conditions. It's harmless and reminds me to keep an eye on the outside temperature since I am still getting a handle on cold weather range.
kovalb said:
You can turn the low temperature warning off in settings using the buttons on the left side of the instrument panel. I turned mine off along with the start-up sound.
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I love the LEAF start-up sound.

I noticed the low outside temp warning on my Nissan rental today. If the temp. is around 34-38 degrees what sort of hit in range are you going to get?

dgpcolorado said:
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I love the LEAF start-up sound.

I like it. But I wish I could change it to something like the THX intro or the batmobile startup: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBe3QzVW5_8[/youtube]

gsleaf said:
I noticed the low outside temp warning on my Nissan rental today. If the temp. is around 34-38 degrees what sort of hit in range are you going to get?
The low temp warning that comes on at 38ºF is to advise the driver that roads may be icy in places. It has nothing to do with range.

That said, the reduction in range in cold weather depends on several factors:

• The temperature of the car while being charged: A cold battery will hold less charge and be able to deliver it more slowly than a warm one. If one can charge in a garage that is somewhat warmer than ambient outside temperature, this problem is reduced. Also, charging and driving will heat the battery somewhat and it has a lot of thermal mass so it takes quite a bit of time to cool down. If you live in a cold weather area, and have to park outside while charging, your range will be affected somewhat. Otherwise, it may not be much of a factor.

• The temperature of the air while driving: Air (drag) and rolling resistance (tires, lubrication in bearings) increase as the temperature goes down.

• The road conditions: Wet or snow-packed roads have increased rolling resistance and reduced traction efficiency.

The decline in range is still being studied but some preliminary estimates can be found in the notes to Tony Williams' range chart. At 34º the estimated reduction in range from 70º would be about 9%.

Back